Bullseye equipment

I just recently got introduced to bullseye pistol competition, and I'm enjoying it, I just acquired a good pistol but am looking for range boxes, spot scopes, and anything to go with the sport. I'm short on money so looking for cheap buys.

I just started shooting again this year. I am just using a soft NRA bag. I would like to get one soon too. Hopefully I will get one for x-mas. I am only two competitions in so far but seems a lot of shooters do not have a hard case. But one can be acquired here...

Hard gun Cases

#metoo
But, being the cheap SOB that I am, I'm not going to spend any money until I can somewhat consistently hit the paper.
I'm using the range bag that I got from the NRA with my membership. The zippers suck and probably won't last the year, but it's a bag. I'm shooting with a Ruger Mark I that was in storage from 1989 until earlier this year. Iron sights only. I'm printing my own targets for practice from http://www.1bad69.com/ruger/bullseyepistoltargets.pdf , and I've got an ancient Montgomery Ward spotting scope that my father had.

I saw a box on Craigslist for $100. Pachmayr Gun Pistol Case Box Perfect Condition Black

My plan is to finish out this year/season spending money only on ammunition. If I continue on a year from now, I'll probably get a box, scope, and spotting scope.

So, where are you shooting? I'm shooting Mondays with the Worcester Pistol and Rifle club for the "Worcester Team". The other teams are Hamilton, Nenamesseck, Ayer, Wallum, Woodsman, Leominster, Maspenock, and Hopedale. Last week was a bye week for us since Gardner couldn't field a team.

The best part is that my score can't hurt the team unless only four other shooters show up. Last week I shot 147 and this week I shot 180. My short term goal is to get all 30 shots on the paper.

I'm shooting at Hopedale, I bought a mark 3 with red dot. I was shooting a mark 1 with iron sights, I put up a way better score with the red dot. I'm not trying to spend too much either. I just see some of the advantages of some of the equipment, and basically looking for people that are looking to get rid of thier junk lol

#metoo
But, being the cheap SOB that I am, I'm not going to spend any money until I can somewhat consistently hit the paper.
I'm using the range bag that I got from the NRA with my membership. The zippers suck and probably won't last the year, but it's a bag. I'm shooting with a Ruger Mark I that was in storage from 1989 until earlier this year. Iron sights only. I'm printing my own targets for practice from http://www.1bad69.com/ruger/bullseyepistoltargets.pdf , and I've got an ancient Montgomery Ward spotting scope that my father had.

I saw a box on Craigslist for $100. Pachmayr Gun Pistol Case Box Perfect Condition Black

My plan is to finish out this year/season spending money only on ammunition. If I continue on a year from now, I'll probably get a box, scope, and spotting scope.

So, where are you shooting? I'm shooting Mondays with the Worcester Pistol and Rifle club for the "Worcester Team". The other teams are Hamilton, Nenamesseck, Ayer, Wallum, Woodsman, Leominster, Maspenock, and Hopedale. Last week was a bye week for us since Gardner couldn't field a team.

The best part is that my score can't hurt the team unless only four other shooters show up. Last week I shot 147 and this week I shot 180. My short term goal is to get all 30 shots on the paper.
I shot a 128 last week on iron, this week 242 on red dot

I'm shooting at Hopedale, I bought a mark 3 with red dot. I was shooting a mark 1 with iron sights, I put up a way better score with the red dot. I'm not trying to spend too much either. I just see some of the advantages of some of the equipment, and basically looking for people that are looking to get rid of thier junk lol
Looks like we're shooting against you on November 12. I was getting a little nervous on Monday because there were only four other shooters there, and I though my score might count. Two more showed up at the last minute, so my score didn't lower the average.

A 242 is very good for a new shooter. The Ruger is a very good gun. I shot one to a 290 average before switching to a 1911 conversion. Keep shooting matches and don't sweat the ups and downs. We all have them. Also don't think you need to have whatever gun the team's top shooter has. He would likely do just as well with your Ruger

I'm basically looking for good deals so I dont spend more than I need to, if anyone upgraded and wants to get rid of spare equipment, I'm happy with my gun. I'm more looking for range boxes, spot scopes, stuff like that.

If you are at all handy, a nice wooden range box is pretty easy to build.
Mine came from plans I found in an old NRA pistol assembly book, but with a little looking I'm sure other plans can be found.

I shot bullseye for a number of year and I did it without any extra crap.
I could never understand the need to look wear every shot went.
When you've got ten minutes to fire ten rounds, you may as well spend a few seconds looking where each shot went. What else is there to do?

I shot bullseye for a number of year and I did it without any extra crap.
I could never understand the need to look wear every shot went.
Think how pissed you'd be when you bring back your target and you've got a nice tight group at 3:00 O'clock. you could have easily made a hold or trigger finger position correction to fix it...if only you'd known.
Ask me how I know this.

Think how pissed you'd be when you bring back your target and you've got a nice tight group at 3:00 O'clock. you could have easily made a hold or trigger finger position correction to fix it...if only you'd known.
Ask me how I know this.
I agree, I shot last night and my scope was a little off to the left. I could have made an adjustment and shot a 280. Lol

i see pistol boxes up for sale at the club often. Most are from the 50s-70s but darn good construction. Generally sold with scope and other extras for $100

I built my own pistol box out of plywood and brass fittings many years ago when I shot bullseye. I've given some thought to selling it, still not sure that I want to even though I can't see myself competing ever again.

I have 2 scopes that I'm willing to sell, no pics yet. Both cheap, $25 and $50 respectively. Adequate for 25 yds, but I wouldn't use them at 100 yds. I have upgraded to a Celestron.

I built my own pistol box out of plywood and brass fittings many years ago when I shot bullseye. I've given some thought to selling it, still not sure that I want to even though I can't see myself competing ever again.

I have 2 scopes that I'm willing to sell, no pics yet. Both cheap, $25 and $50 respectively. Adequate for 25 yds, but I wouldn't use them at 100 yds. I have upgraded to a Celestron.
Well let me know if you want sell the box also, if you can grab some pics I b.c. would be interested

Well let me know if you want sell the box also, if you can grab some pics I b.c. would be interested
I'm recovering from back surgery so I haven't ventured to go find the scopes or unbury the box. When I feel a bit better (few days I hope unless PT beats me up tomorrow), I'll try to pull stuff out and take pics.

I'm recovering from back surgery so I haven't ventured to go find the scopes or unbury the box. When I feel a bit better (few days I hope unless PT beats me up tomorrow), I'll try to pull stuff out and take pics.
No rush man, I know that struggle, i had both hips replaced 2 years ago. No rush and I hope for a speedy recovery.

I have a metal pistol box that came from Champions Choice. It's the Strong Case 4 pistol version in mint condition. I'll let it go for 50.00 but it will need to be picked up.

I'll not return to bullseye shooting after selling my Pardini a few years back. I had a lot of fun doing it.

I have a metal pistol box that came from Champions Choice. It's the Strong Case 4 pistol version in mint condition. I'll let it go for 50.00 but it will need to be picked up.

I'll not return to bullseye shooting after selling my Pardini a few years back. I had a lot of fun doing it.
Where abouts are you located?

I have from a Strong Case....... Champion's Choice

It's built like a tank and holds everything. I just leave mine set up for Bulls Eye and the only thing I take out and put in the safe is my gun. Speaking of which when you want to upgrade the S&W model 41 is a very good Bulls Eye gun. When I want to pee off the once a year shooters at the range I pick off clay pigeons at 100 yards. Just hold over about a foot and I can hit them all day long!

Hi,
As Zetta passed on this box, I’ll take it.
Let me know where/when and I’ll show up with cash. :)

Looks like we're shooting against you on November 12. I was getting a little nervous on Monday because there were only four other shooters there, and I though my score might count. Two more showed up at the last minute, so my score didn't lower the average.
Don't Bullseye teams usualy use the top 5 scores? If there's only 4 they use those, not as an average but the total score. Even a low score would help the teams overall average at the end of the year. You can't hurt the team.

Don't Bullseye teams usualy use the top 5 scores? If there's only 4 they use those, not as an average but the total score. Even a low score would help the teams overall average at the end of the year. You can't hurt the team.
They use the top five scores, but if there are only four other shooters, I'll be in the top five. So far, the lowest score that made it into the top five was 250. I still haven't broken 200. So if my score ever counts, it's almost an automatic loss.

In most of the leagues I've shot in , when there are only 4 shooters, we make up a "Dummy shooter" score by taking the average of the 4 you have and subtract 15.

Back
Top Bottom