• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

bullpup barrett .50?!

FMH2016

NES Member
saw a bullpup barrett .50 in zero hour arms in easton today. 1 of 3 in civilian hands in the us. said that secret service has a number of them for wh roof. pretty cool gun and couldnt believe how compact. it was love at first sight. i ll be friends with whichever nes guy that buys it ! ;)

One of three in civilian hands might be a stretch...

The majority of .50 Barrett rifles are bullpups.

The XM500 is on top of my list of vaporware to buy.

Barrett_XM500.jpg

saw a bullpup barrett .50 in zero hour arms in easton today. 1 of 3 in civilian hands in the us. said that secret service has a number of them for wh roof. pretty cool gun and couldnt believe how compact. it was love at first sight. i ll be friends with whichever nes guy that buys it ! ;)

what was the price?

Not sure on price but this was semi m82 type. Looked incredible. Figured some nes'r needed a new carry piece [smile]

Flint armament had a Barrett last week when I went in. I think it was chambered in 308 though and was selling for about $5000

edit: added a pic I took... dont quote me on what it was chambered in I really didnt look at it. I saw the price tag and was like whoa haha but she is a beauty

photo-2_zps239a1b25.jpg

Last edited:
The Barrett model 95 is bullpup and been around for years, and I believe its about $$$6-7k. Not semi auto!!

Flint armament had a Barrett last week when I went in. I think it was chambered in 308 though and was selling for about $5000

edit: added a pic I took... dont quote me on what it was chambered in I really didnt look at it. I saw the price tag and was like whoa haha but she is a beauty

photo-2_zps239a1b25.jpg

That's the Barret M98B in .338 Lapua...

I know what I'll be looking at when the time comes for a bolt action in .338...

I love keeping our store stocked with Barretts (they are great for decoration). We just purchased a Bullpup M95 so one of the herd needs to go. If you know anyone interested in any of the models we we will make them a deal.

So...have we determined if this is an actual M82A2, an XM500, or just a bullpup bolt action?

If it's one like THIS ONE I linked to earlier, then it's a rarity.

It seems as though there's some definite confusion here in this thread...

Here's some more information on the XM500, the follow-up design to the M82A2....

no this was semi auto 100% like the one aiwinos had a link to. that is the one they have there.

im not confusing this with the old bullpup bolt action these are semi auto. secret service uses these semis. http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-semi-auto-rifles/163384-barrett-m82a2-sale-only-$100-000-opening-bid.html

I went in the shop yesterday and picked up my guns after I got my license and talked with one of the guys about that barrett. It costs $100,000. OUCH!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom