Bullet through threaded barrel w/ no comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

Not a legal question, but a technical one. Can a threaded barrel have a round fired through it without a muzzle device? I.E. will it damage the barrel at all if the threads are exposed? ( i cant imagine it would, but I don't know the answer haha), I understand that in MA a threaded barrel is a big no go without a perm'd comp. But I am just "curious"

The threads are on the outside, not the inside, so it won't hurt the threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Although, if you get the threads dirty and then try to screw something on without cleaning them well, that will mess them up.

Yes, I have a 14.5" bbl. Yes, It is threaded. Yes, it will have a perm'd comp. There is no illegality in asking a technical question, pertaining to the safe operation of a rifle. Which is why i prefaced the question. Thanks though

Don't tell a certain gun shop on the North shore! They send the ATF after people for asking techincal questions! [devil]

Possibly over time the first thread may get beat up from muzzle blast.?

Is that so, I didn't realize. Is that the one near the police station? :)

actually no.

Possibly over time the first thread may get beat up from muzzle blast.?

beat up or just covered in shit. i put a muzzle device on a friend's rifle and i oiled it up and cleaned everything off and twisted it on slowly because even after the little shooting he did, it still felt almost like i was cross-threading it because of all the stuff on the threads. went on A-OK in the end though. 'merica.

and WRT 14.5" barrel, if you do not have a muzzle device (barrel 16" or greater) on there and assemble a functional rifle, you're goin' 'ta jail. that's NFA violation-land. cockmeat sandwiches served daily at club fed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom