Bullet strikes windshield of car traveling on Route 101 in Epping

I doubt its from sig, that looks like a head on shot. Is there any proof that it was from that neck of 101 or 101 at all? Or just the driver's statement?

Edit: Aw man, now it's a crappy movie, first read of this just showed a clear image of the windshield with the hole clearly coming straight from the front of the car, and possibly elevated a bit.

Last edited:
yeah, I doubt it too. I wasn't able to determine possible trajectories from SIG with regard to 101, exits 6 and 7.

I bet it did come from sig academy. I bet a car or truck drove over it on one of the ranges and it became stuck in the tire tread. It wasn't flung out until the vehicle left the range, got on 101 and reached highway speeds, and it landed on the windshield of the unlucky car behind. The same thing happens with small rocks every day.

I bet it did come from sig academy. I bet a car or truck drove over it on one of the ranges and it became stuck in the tire tread. It wasn't flung out until the vehicle left the range, got on 101 and reached highway speeds, and it landed on the windshield of the unlucky car behind. The same thing happens with small rocks every day.

This sounds like a very likely explanation to me. Amazing the rocks that come out of the tire on my truck...

Probably jumped the berm in somebody's backyard range. Epping seems like a pretty rural area which would explain the lack of reported gunshots. Or what the guy above said.

i call bullshit.

""We just wanted people to be aware. We just want people to know it happened," she said. "I lived in Washington when the D.C. sniper was there, when people were zigzagging on the road, so I actually thought somebody was shooting cars on the highway. But the police didn't have any reports of any shots fired."

Sheep gonna sheep!

It penetrated the windshield and ended up on the dash? Must've been a fortay [wink]

I think the kicked up from roadway theory makes the most sense, given how rusted it looked and that it didn't penetrate further.

The driver stated that she was westbound on NH 101 between Exit 7 and Exit 8 when the projectile struck her windshield from the right. My guess: Some police officer who was undergoing pistol training at SIG experienced a negligent discharge and lobbed one of his bullets high into the air. This scenario is consistent with (i) the driver's description of events and (ii) the apparent angles by which the bullet approached the windshield and embedded itself therein.

They said it was a .45, angle must've been right, I'm surprised it even went through the windshield. (although it was probably ball, so it had a better chance... )

-Mike

if someone finds a nail in their tire, do we immediately start blaming local contractors for foul play?

she says the projectile "came from the right". BULLSHIT. even the most accomplished marksman would have no idea where a bullet originated.

GMAFB. these morons are on a perpetual quest to blame anything gun related. the sig academy shouldn't have to provide any answers here. we keep getting in this habit of being defensive when it's unwarranted. this woman is a moron. nothing in her story adds up. the problem is hers....her car....her unknown piece of metal....she owns it.

the media loves these BS anecdotal stories so they can point fingers at the Sig Academy. these media firms deserve a pile of hate mail for this propaganda.

the true losers in this story are those two kids who get to have this sheep for a mother.

Last edited:
if someone finds a nail in their tire, do we immediately start blaming local contractors for foul play?

she says the projectile "came from the right". BULLSHIT. even the most accomplished marksman would have no idea where a bullet originated.

GMAFB. these morons are on a perpetual quest to blame anything gun related. the sig academy shouldn't have to provide any answers here. we keep getting in this habit of being defensive when it's unwarranted. this woman is a moron. nothing in her story adds up. the problem is hers....her car....her unknown piece of metal....she owns it.

the media loves these BS anecdotal stories so they can point fingers at the Sig Academy. these media firms deserve a pile of hate mail for this propaganda.

the true losers in this story are those two kids who get to have this sheep for a mother.

Depends my old boss used to put screws in the road to be a dick lol

Seeing as this is all just speculation..

Must have been the Antifa group letting off loose rounds at someone with a Trump sticker on their car and missed and hit this person's instead.

Or an angry SJW upset over a Healy Hurts Families sticker on someone's bumper and missed again..

Maybe a rabid pissed off libtard did it to their own car just to make the 2nd amendment people look bad..

Or Elvis is just a bad shot and missed the berm...

Still safer than riding with Ted Kennedy![rofl]

Last edited:

Sig Academy has to get in front of this. The Bloombergians could descend on the woman to goad her into going after Sig--simply because they can and it's an automatic PR win for them.

This. That thing is not newly fired.

The shitty picture from the video is lacking in enough resolution to tell. That could just be melted goo from the dashboard or something coating it.

-Mike

Something doesn't seem right with that 45 acp bullet?
Brown and corroded and not deformed enough..
No polished rifling marks.

I take it she lives down the ways from Sig and has complained about the noise as well..

This story smells fishy!

Last edited:
Something isn't right with that bullet. I was shooting in the pits last weekend and while walking back and forth setting up new targets I noticed an intact 45 fmj bullet in the tire tracks of an atv in some dried-ish mud. Picked it up and put it in my pocket. No idea how long it had been there but other than grooves from the rifling, it looked like it was brand new in a box, shiny copper jacket. Nobody that day had been shooting a 45.

Pictures of the bullet and dashboard

UL has the pictures. I agree with the previous posts, it looks like it's been out in the elements for months.

Bullet:
14xz2gl.jpg

Dashboard:
213m0ao.jpg

Driver says no other cars were nearby, and Safelite auto glass says the bullet was found "lodged in the dashboard"

How about ND lands on road, kicked around until someones tire picks it up and throws it into her windshield..? Better yet, bird picks it up and DROPS it on road.

Back
Top Bottom