• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bullet scam in Phillipines

I don't need their help I'm too cheap to buy a separate bag for travel and the range I'm waiting for the day when I get the magic finger for a spent case

I spent a LOT of time in the Philippines when I was in the Navy. As the saying goes:

Philippines - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

I spent a LOT of time in the Philippines when I was in the Navy. As the saying goes:

Although I was never "lucky" enough to spend any time in the WestPac while I was in the Navy, the same could be said for Naples, Italy where I did spend a fair amount of time...definitely a place to try and get away from as soon as possible once your liberty launch hit the dock.

Third world shitholes gonna shithole.
Here they just let Chester the molester have some play time with you, for free.

I did 3x WestPacs in the mid 80's and did a 54 day long stretch in Subic Bay (mini refit). One of the worst shit holes on the planet.
Thailand on the other hand was very nice.

I spent 7 months there in the 70s and had a great time. Yes it was a shit hole and you had to cross shit river to head out into Olongapo but the San Miquel, bands in the bars and of course the ladies helped take your mind off of the shit.[smile]
I always wanted to check out Thailand but the only time spent there was at the airport.

I did 3x WestPacs in the mid 80's and did a 54 day long stretch in Subic Bay (mini refit). One of the worst shit holes on the planet.

We all know you can't buy "Chinese" Food in China.

But is genuine Thai Food anything like Thai in the USA ?

If it's HOT and has Peanuts, I am in !

PadThai.jpg

i never served in the armed forces, but the way this country is going i can see it happening here in 20 years (or less)

i never served in the armed forces, but the way this country is going i can see it happening here in 20 years (or less)

You want Hillary as your Commander in Chief ? Or Bernie ?

Now if Trump wins I may join you.

I just want someone who values my life as much as they value the life of "Others".

So if you had the right paperwork, you get to keep the bullets?

is genuine Thai Food anything like Thai in the USA? If it's HOT and has Peanuts, I am in !
In my experience, yes -- Thai dishes in Bangkok were very much like the dishes I had at really good Thai restaurants in the USA, just with extra basil and less meat.

That said, I've had some really poorly prepared Thai food in NH and MA, so I wouldn't use local experience as a yardstick.

Yahoo said:
Similarly, Japanese tourist Kazunobu Sakaoto was arrested after two bullets were found in his luggage and he failed to show permits allowing him to carry ammunition.

In my experience, yes -- Thai dishes in Bangkok were very much like the dishes I had at really good Thai restaurants in the USA, just with extra basil and less meat.

That said, I've had some really poorly prepared Thai food in NH and MA, so I wouldn't use local experience as a yardstick.

Damn Delicious.

Sometimes I think the Cuisine is the only benefit we had with our Vietnam War.

Damn Good Food - at a horrible price.

No, I did not attend. Joined the National Guard instead.

Yes.

Lots of people shot the IPSC World Shoot in Cebu, Phillippines, a few years ago without any problems.
Can I defend myself against this scam by just getting this permit and carrying with me on my next trip over?

I'm not sure why they get all freaked out about a bullet... once in Philippines, it is not difficult to acquire them.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

Can I defend myself against this scam by just getting this permit and carrying with me on my next trip over?

Quite possibly, though I am not sure if the permit is limited to ammo for guns for which you are licensed. You may have to register to shoot a match while in the Phillippines, though I hear they do a pretty good job and you should have a great time.

Getting caught doing this scam should carry a death sentence - with the bullet they plant in your luggage. While they're busy doing this, how much are they letting get through?

Back
Top Bottom