Bullet Manufacturers Lead Times

Before buying from Black Bullets, read this:

Before buying from Black Bullets, read this:

Just placed an order yesterday [laugh].....[sad] Fingers crossed

Update on the Black Bullets (9mm 125 grain 0.356). Packed in 3 boxes. I pulled 10 from each box and mic'd and weighed them (because Im a loser with nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon [laugh].......[sad])

Avg diameter was 0.35549". Avg weight was 125.84 gr.

Update on the Black Bullets (9mm 125 grain 0.356). Packed in 3 boxes. I pulled 10 from each box and mic'd and weighed them (because Im a loser with nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon [laugh].......[sad])

Yeah, but I'm sure you know by now that their Master shooters like them that way.

I just placed an order with Gardner's yesterday and they say they'll ship in a week. Their gas check 45/70 485 grain WFN are about 1/4 the cost of others. We'll see how they shoot.
How do you place an order?

I just tried buying some of their 300 grain for the revolver. But I get a message the shopping cart is not active.

ok so being coated how much does the size really effect function/accuracy. Will under sized bullets allow to much gas cutting and vaporize the coating ?

I see this special coating as a god send , you can use nominal size bullet and softer alloy so you get obturation of the bullet and a good seal ?
I will stick to my over sized lubed bullets for now though

ok so being coated how much does the size really effect function/accuracy. Will under sized bullets allow to much gas cutting and vaporize the coating ?

I see this special coating as a god send , you can use nominal size bullet and softer alloy so you get obturation of the bullet and a good seal ?
I will stick to my over sized lubed bullets for now though
You won’t run into issues with leading or burning the coating but you will have inaccuracy and Tumbling. Treat them like lead when it comes to sizing.

You know, I really havent been loading all that long. Im not even sure if a 0.00051" difference is enough for me to notice. Im pretty much shooting at steel at like 75' most of the time. If anything Im more concerned with the barrel leading if the coating doesnt hold up, especially since Im most often shooting a Glock.

How thick is a typical layer or two of HiTek? Worst come to worst, could one add a coat or two on top of the existing coat to make up the difference?

Last edited:
You know, I really havent been loading all that long. Im not even sure if a 0.0051" difference is enough for me to notice. Im pretty much shooting at steel at like 75' most of the time. If anything Im more concerned with the barrel leading if the coating doesnt hold up, especially since Im most often shooting a Glock.

How thick is a typical layer or two of HiTek? Worst come to worst, could one add a coat or two on top of the existing coat to make up the difference?
I don’t remember exactly but I want to say it added about .0005” or so per coat. I do have some bullet moulds that drop a little small. I know my buddy’s 1894 in 44 mag doesn’t like .429” but with shoot lights out with .430”
My mould drops spot on .429” with my alloy but when coated ends up about .430”

are you saying the .3555 cast bullet will not obutrate enough to engage the rifling? interesting?
It all depends on your barrel/alloy/pressure.
I had some tumble lube style Lee bullets in 9mm that were soft. They sized down during seating and tumbled like a bastard

You know, I really havent been loading all that long. Im not even sure if a 0.0051" difference is enough for me to notice. Im pretty much shooting at steel at like 75' most of the time. If anything Im more concerned with the barrel leading if the coating doesnt hold up, especially since Im most often shooting a Glock.

I think you are missing one zero. 0.005 is a huge difference.

Just got the shipping label for my 1k 357 mag Zero 158 gr JHPs that I ordered late last Friday. Scheduled delivery is Friday! Can't complain about one week especially since their website says they're several weeks behind on orders.

I can't remember who was looking for what, but these are in the w.t.s.
Not sure how I ended up there after looking through the rifle w.t.s.. Classified rabbit hole!
I'm sure its still available

Back
Top Bottom