Bullet Manufacturers Lead Times

I ordered 2800 last week. I wonder what he will send me. I will report 8-12 week from now.

I wonder why he needs more molds. Maybe he bought more machines? Maybe the molds are junk after X thousands of bullets?

@Michael J. Spangler do you know?
I was thinking about that earlier.
I know they do wear out over time but it’s some serious use.
I would find it weird that his newer non lube groove moulds would have worn out and he switched back to some older Moulds that are somehow not worn yet.
I’m also wondering why he can’t source quality moulds with all of the quality makers out there making machine Moulds. From magma to accurate to MP.

Seems like too long of a story to make up as an excuse vs something like yeah some idiot in the ship dinged up the moulds and my mould maker is backed up right now so I’m going to think there is some truth to it.

I bet there is some info on mould life in this handy little book.

Found this company, they seem to jabe a nice selection and heavy bullets 165g for the 9mm.

I ordered a few to try them.

I loved the low recoil of the 165 xtreme, but they dont work well for my revolver. Maybe these ones will work like the xtreme.

Last edited:
Flind this company, they seem to jabe a nice selection and heavy bullets 165g for the 9mm.

I loved the low recoil of the 165 xtreme, but they dont work well for my revolver. Maybe these ones will work like the xtreme.

Anyone have info on their current shipping times? I'm coming up on a month with zero communication. Card was charged at time of order.

Found this company, they seem to jabe a nice selection and heavy bullets 165g for the 9mm.

my last order for them took a little longer than their estimated shipping time. They also made a substitution on color when they shipped. Not a huge deal, but I didn’t get the choice on what color I wanted.

overall though, they shipped fairly quickly and they look like good quality

I’ll probably order again when the craziness dies down

my last order for them took a little longer than their estimated shipping time. They also made a substitution on color when they shipped. Not a huge deal, but I didn’t get the choice on what color I wanted.

overall though, they shipped fairly quickly and they look like good quality

I’ll probably order again when the craziness dies down
I selected the option to get any color available hoping they will ship faster.

I just keep them in their original box to separate them. I have too many bullets already in .356, .357, .358 ... 115g, 125g, 160g, 165g..

Also, ordered some more from Black Bullets. I chose the UPS shipping, maybe those will ship faster.

Lots of competition shooters use them. I've used a lot of their 190gr 40's and 138gr 9's. Expect your card to be charged when order is placed (not when it ships) and very little communication. That was pre-COVID, I'm not sure how things are now.

I just keep them in their original box to separate them.
5a4c1253a6f1bc8082eae3d0e175758b.jpg

Called myself today. Ordered some 9 a d 45.
delivered a few hours later.
Freedom Pellets, FTW.

Called myself today. Ordered some 9 a d 45.
delivered a few hours later.
View attachment 406690

How much do you charge yourself for shipping?

I'd charge myself and outrageous amount, and then I'd leave them at the end of my driveway in a broken cardboard box. I had to stop ordering from myself, that guy's an ass.

Has anyone used Xtreme Bullet recently? They show stock for many sizes and weights on their website.
Any thoughts on their 9mm, 115gr copper plated RN?
I’m relatively new to reloading and appreciate honest information from y’all seasoned reloaders. Thx.

How much do you charge yourself for shipping?

I'd charge myself and outrageous amount, and then I'd leave them at the end of my driveway in a broken cardboard box. I had to stop ordering from myself, that guy's an ass.

nahhh then I’d be like the rest of you guys waiting for commercial cast.

....and appreciate honest information from y’all seasoned reloaders.
only thing i'll say is in this climate, buy your bullets anywhere you see stock is available. plated...cast...coated. i tend to stay away from plated but have used them, i have 2k 9mm berrys on my bench. they were there, i saw, i bought and i'll use. i just prefer a coated cast bullet.

Has anyone used Xtreme Bullet recently? They show stock for many sizes and weights on their website.
I’m relatively new to reloading and appreciate honest information from y’all seasoned reloaders. Thx.
I've used xtreme and Berry's bullets, good to go

If I ran two pots (so I don’t run into an empty pot slowing me down)
I could make 1000 an hour depending on the mould.
I prefer to run 2 at a time. Yesterday was 4 cavity 45 RNHP and a 6 cavity 9mm RN.
If I ran 2-6 bangers I could make some more. It’s all about cadence so running 2 moulds gives you just enough time for the mould to cool while you’re filling the second one.

If I ran two pots (so I don’t run into an empty pot slowing me down)
I could make 1000 an hour depending on the mould.
I prefer to run 2 at a time. Yesterday was 4 cavity 45 RNHP and a 6 cavity 9mm RN.
If I ran 2-6 bangers I could make some more. It’s all about cadence so running 2 moulds gives you just enough time for the mould to cool while you’re filling the second one.
Thanks. That’s a much higher rate than I thought.

I'm just about out of my .45 stock, it was either 2000 or 2500 230 gr rn Xtremes that I ordered ........................2 or 3 years ago?
I think at the time the price was right and never had any issues with em. Good stuff.
I see they sell 500 rd packs. Might order a few to restock.

Xtreme are great.

I ordered 4 boxes (4 x 500) 115gr 9mm from Xtreme last night (11/2).
Clock is ticking. I’ll update once postal lady delivers.

Update to my post from Tuesday (11/3).

I got home this morning (Sunday 11/8) and my order of Xtreme bullets had been delivered. Sitting on my steps in 2 well packaged Priority Mail boxes. I bet postal person was happy with the heavy boxes, but i also bet they are making serious overtime working on Sunday morning too.

So far zero complaints. Xtreme has delivered full order of 4 boxes (500 each of 9mm, 115gr RN plated) in under 1 week.
$52 per 500 count.

Back
Top Bottom