Bullet Manufacturers Lead Times

Loading a .355 in 38 might work if you used a 9mm expander - with a .357 expander you won't have enough neck tension and will get sketchy ignition.

The other way around, .357 in 9mm, is used a lot with cast bullets in loose barrels. Plated can probably be treated like cast. Jacketed would be very dependant on jacket thickness and profile.

FWIW, I've loaded 9mm/.380 bullets in .38 Special regularly. Recovered bullets from my revolver mic at .352" so I think the .355" bullets are just fine.
The 95g FMJRN have ample power for most uses, unless you hit a pepper-popper at the absolute base. Can't say I've ever had a .355" bullet yaw and hit the paper sideways..
9mm HST bullets, GDHPs, etc., all work just fine in my .38 Special and .357 Magnum.

You can always run your .357"/.358" bullets through a sizer die, if you want to use the in a 9mm, but bullet profiles may not be optimum.

Last edited:
I ordered some 9mm Acme bullets today. Limited to 1k of a particular weight/style. Never tried them before.

I got my Acme bullets exactly one week after ordering. Eggleston bullets ordered on Monday are scheduled to be here tomorrow - though I think it will get delayed until Monday as they just left CA on Wednesday...

Ordered 1500 115 FMJ from Xtreme on 9/30, shipped 10/6. Delivered 10/8.
Ordered 300 147gr Hdy XTP from opticsplanet (9-18 days to ship) and 1000 Ibjeheads (115gr RN) on October 2nd. Have heard nothing from Ibejiheads, and Opticplanets updated the ship date to 12/15. Ibejheads charged my CC, optics planet has not.

3K Bayou bullets. Order placed on Aug 2, arriving today, Sept 25.

Hey Broc,
Did you get exactly what you ordered from Bayou? I heard a few reports of folks ordering Bullets from them without any lube groove and then receiving Bullets with a lube groove. This was with their 9mm 124gr RN Bullets. This would annoy the crap out of me, as I’m currently waiting on an order from them.

Hey Broc,
Did you get exactly what you ordered from Bayou? I heard a few reports of folks ordering Bullets from them without any lube groove and then receiving Bullets with a lube groove. This was with their 9mm 124gr RN Bullets. This would annoy the crap out of me, as I’m currently waiting on an order from them.

ive seen those same posts... I was going to put an order in but am holding off until I see how those people make out

Ordered 6K 9mm 124 grain FMJRN in house bullets from RMR in August. They were backordered when I ordered them, with a timeframe of 8 weeks, however, "most ship before then". Tomorrow is 11 weeks.

They said if people didn't get their orders by week 8 to let them know. I emailed them at week 9 and was told they had some production issues, as well as waiting for packaging from USPS. That issue is supposed to have been rectified since, so I'm really hoping to get them within the next week.

Ordered 300 147gr Hdy XTP from opticsplanet (9-18 days to ship) and 1000 Ibjeheads (115gr RN) on October 2nd. Have heard nothing from Ibejiheads, and Opticplanets updated the ship date to 12/15. Ibejheads charged my CC, optics planet has not.
I too ordered 1K Ibejiheads (147gr RNFP) on October 4th, was charged on my credit card and still nothing, I emailed them a couple times and still no replies, I understand that there may be a backlog, but it would be nice to get some sort of update, my order has been “pending” since I placed it...

I had several good transactions with optics planet, then one bad one which was enough of a shitshow that I swore I'll never buy another item from them again.

I too ordered 1K Ibejiheads (147gr RNFP) on October 4th, was charged on my credit card and still nothing, I emailed them a couple times and still no replies, I understand that there may be a backlog, but it would be nice to get some sort of update, my order has been “pending” since I placed it...
Exactly. If it’s three months, I get it, but don’t leave me hanging, especially when you took my money

Hey Broc,
I always ordered their 160g 9mm, those don't have a lube groove. I think I placed 5, maybe 6 orders with Bayou this year and I always received what I purchased.

I also ask them to size to .358, so when I get them I check 20 or so bullets and they are .358.

If you call Bayou, you can speak with the owner.
He is a nice guy, called me at 8pm one day after I Emailed with a question. We spent a while talking about ICORE.

I did call him about it, and quite frankly, he spent way more time on the phone with me than I thought the call was worth. He was very nice, and started by saying he would immediately cancel my order and refund my money if that's what I wanted to do. Then he went on explaining a few things. I've decided that it doesn't matter what he sends me, I'll keep and shoot them.

He was very pleasant, and sincere on the phone, and has been doing coated bullets for a very long time, so I'll accept that he probably knows more than I do about this subject...

Basically, he said there was nothing wrong with the grooved bullet profile, it had more of a pointed profile and allowed you to load a bit longer than the shorter squatter no groove profile. The only reason he switched to a "no groove" profile was because people wanted it. But, now, due to the ongoing crisis, he said his supplier of molds is having problems getting him quality molds that don't have defects so he just went back to the grooved molds he already had and is using them until he gets molds that don't produce inferior bullets.

Like I said earlier, he seemed sincere, and he has a very good reputation in his field. I have no doubt that whatever he sends me will be plenty good enough for the shooting that I do.

Basically, he said there was nothing wrong with the grooved bullet profile, it had more of a pointed profile and allowed you to load a bit longer than the shorter squatter no groove profile. The only reason he switched to a "no groove" profile was because people wanted it. But, now, due to the ongoing crisis, he said his supplier of molds is having problems getting him quality molds that don't have defects so he just went back to the grooved molds he already had and is using them until he gets molds that don't produce inferior bullets.

Like I said earlier, he seemed sincere, and he has a very good reputation in his field. I have no doubt that whatever he sends me will be plenty good enough for the shooting that I do.
I ordered 2800 last week. I wonder what he will send me. I will report 8-12 week from now.

I wonder why he needs more molds. Maybe he bought more machines? Maybe the molds are junk after X thousands of bullets?

@Michael J. Spangler do you know?

Back
Top Bottom