Bullet Manufacturers Lead Times

I got a couple free samples packs of Zero 147 gr JHPs and FMJFPs coming. Not nearly as cheap as the blue bullets.

As long as my blue bullets come before winter rolls around I’ll be okay. But since my order they bumped it to 14 weeks. Dang.

And here I am still waiting for my Blues.. if I didn't have so much money wrapped up in this order I'd just buy elsewhere. Supposedly Sept. 13th for a order placed July 3rd. Probably won't be buying from them again until shit cools down.
Sucks. Did you email them asking for a status update?

Sucks. Did you email them asking for a status update?
I did, that's when I was told mid September. I'm curious if they're giving priority to "sponsored" shooters because when I ordered it was 4-6 weeks and it didn't change to 12-14 until my 4-6 was almost up. Oh well, I have other 9mm to load in the mean time anyways.

I was charged two days after placing my order, only reason I've been riding it out. I had to double check but I just checked my account to confirm.
jeez...yeah, understand now. i have a substantial order in myself, i'm into wk 5 or close to it. last time i checked, it hadn't shown up on the cc site. that was 10 days ago. i was working under the assumption that if i saw a charge they were close to shipping. as usual i'm wrong again. i better check again this morning. i was thinking of going somewhere else myself. i had planned for a mid to late september delivery.

i tend to go overboard with certain bullet styles. right now i have an over abundance of keith style bullets for 44 mag and .45 colt. wtf am i thinking sometimes. [laugh] i haven't shot either in a while. right now i'm concentrating on my .38 and .357 revolvers with a 158 gr. swc. plowing through those like crazy. that's over half my bb order.

Rocky Mountain Reloading says their back orders are 6-8 weeks backlogged.

I placed a good size order with some friends and they were here just under 5 weeks later.

They do allow you to place a back order.
If you buy something in stock then it seems to be about 1 week to receive.

Curious when my samples of Zero bullets will arrive. They told me last week they will ship them to me but didn’t say when [laugh]
Meh they’re free so who cares. If they only take a few weeks I’ll probably order a 1k for the hell of it.

No bullets yesterday and the USPS notice that said they'd be here on Sept 1 has been removed. Now it says they're on the way but will be late.

That's the same thing that happened to me. They'll get there eventually. Are they enjoying an extended stay in Memphis?

I got a couple free samples packs of Zero 147 gr JHPs and FMJFPs coming. Not nearly as cheap as the blue bullets.

As long as my blue bullets come before winter rolls around I’ll be okay. But since my order they bumped it to 14 weeks. Dang.

A friend of mine posted last week in our local shooting group - he accidentally ordered blue .38/.357s when he meant to order 9mm's.
Oops. Offering them for his cost. I picked up two boxes from him yesterday at a match, 65$ for each box of 1200.

I have ~2500 .38/.357 plated 125 grn from XTreme on hand; I've been happy with them.
Be interesting to see how the blue bullets compare.

Place in the Bayou down there in Louisiana now has 8-12 weeks as a backlog on their website.

Aren't all the National's this month?
Yes, I saw that. I dont know if all the nationals are this month, but no way that is the reason. Not all buy from one company, and even if one company had to supply bullets to 300 guys all of the sudden, I would imagine that is a small percentage of customers.

I think the problem is everyone started seeing lead time increase and everyone started ordering a lot.

A friend of mine posted last week in our local shooting group - he accidentally ordered blue .38/.357s when he meant to order 9mm's.
Oops. Offering them for his cost. I picked up two boxes from him yesterday at a match, 65$ for each box of 1200.

I have ~2500 .38/.357 plated 125 grn from XTreme on hand; I've been happy with them.
Be interesting to see how the blue bullets compare.
I would buy them if they were 160-165 grain. I shoot .357 and .358 in my 9mm.

Yes, I saw that. I dont know if all the nationals are this month, but no way that is the reason. Not all buy from one company, and even if one company had to supply bullets to 300 guys all of the sudden, I would imagine that is a small percentage of customers.

I think the problem is everyone started seeing lead time increase and everyone started ordering a lot.

I was thinking ammo and components shortages in general.
1 cut of 1000
Between first time buyers and all the games running over the summer or peak season, with most of the finals coming and going, demand may start to slow down.
Here it is almost 24 hours later and theres still some ammo on target sports that a few weeks ago would have been gone in 20 mins. Not popular stuff, but it wouldn't have lasted more than an hour.

I was thinking ammo and components shortages in general.
1 cut of 1000
Between first time buyers and all the games running over the summer or peak season, with most of the finals coming and going, demand may start to slow down.
Here it is almost 24 hours later and theres still some ammo on target sports that a few weeks ago would have been gone in 20 mins. Not popular stuff, but it wouldn't have lasted more than an hour.
are we waiting for another round of covid ammo stimulus checks?

Back
Top Bottom