• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

bullet feeder

Has anyone build a home made bullet feeder? I want to get into casting this spring and want to get a Star lubrisizer but don't want to feed the bullets by hand and I don't want to spend $700 on their bullet feeder/collator. How hard would it be to build a home made bullet feeder to drop 9mm cast bullets bottom down?

Has anyone build a home made bullet feeder? I want to get into casting this spring and want to get a Star lubrisizer but don't want to feed the bullets by hand and I don't want to spend $700 on their bullet feeder/collator. How hard would it be to build a home made bullet feeder to drop 9mm cast bullets bottom down?

I own one of the high end feeders for my luber/sizer (4000 rounds per hour); it is well made and very sensitive to adjustments. This machine would be extremely difficult to build on your own. There are other, slower versions designed for reloading machines that might serve your purpose or be easier to build. Try a Google search.

I own one of the high end feeders for my luber/sizer (4000 rounds per hour); it is well made and very sensitive to adjustments. This machine would be extremely difficult to build on your own. There are other, slower versions designed for reloading machines that might serve your purpose or be easier to build. Try a Google search.

PS If you haven't bought a heater for your luber/sizer, don't. You can tape a 75 watt light bulb to the reservoir for a lot less $ and it will work great.

Dillon's case feeder is only ~$200 or so. I'm just not sure if I can stomach $700 for Magma's bullet feeder for the lubrisizer.

i've looked into it.

FAR more effort than it's worth. i cast for weeks, and usually spend a weekend sizing most everything i've got. i do have the bullet feeder for 9mm/.38, and it does let you go pretty damned fast (more of a confidence thing, keeps your fingers away from a hardened steel die and punch). for reference, it only took me an hour or so to size ~ 1400 158gr RNFP .38 boolits. even hand feeding them (like i do for .45acp), it was only ~ 3 hours to do ~ 3,000 230gr TC's.

unless you're doing massive volume casting (IE 06FFL / Manufacturer), the collator really isnt worthwhile.

Dillon's case feeder is only ~$200 or so. I'm just not sure if I can stomach $700 for Magma's bullet feeder for the lubrisizer.

Ther are cheaper bullet feeders on the market. The Magma unit is a top of the line high volume unit (4000 pieces per hour).

Back
Top Bottom