• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

bullet feeder spring

I cant make the last version work. Seems like the inner tube is to thick. ball wont go in far enough. I may try to drill a larger hole and use a bigger ball. First one works good.
The holes need to be slightly larger to compensate for print issues.
Does the ball protrude into the bore at all?
With the three balls installed does the tube go into the die completely?

i pulled 11 archives from there, but it does not seem to be a single consistent set in there, i will need to look better. it keeps referencing some hornady bullet feeder, some files are for, presumably, lee feeder, go figure. some have dies in them, but they do not look like the one i see on the picture for mini mr.bulletfeeder there. will try looking later today.

it is difficult to navigate through all that, odd no one has a well defined set. or may be it was removed.
Were you looking for something like this? 6 Postion Bullet Magazine for Mr Bullet Feeder Die by Jbolt001

I cant get the second version to work. been working on the first. Dillled out holes to 1/8". counter sink the holes with 1/2" bit as deep as can go without enlarging the holes. A countersink bit has a different angle and doesnt work as good as a 1/2" drill. Most of the bullet feed tubes on thingi only have 1 ball. I know 3 balls centers everything up better, but dont think its that critical. I'll keep at it. got to print some more.

The number of balls used shouldn't matter. The issue is that 3d printing isn't very accurate so you need to print, test then compensate for printing inaccuracies.
The info on a 1/2" drill woring better than a countersink is good information.
118° vs 90° cone for the opening - I was using much less of an angle (which works fine when machining a hole)

Back
Top Bottom