• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bullet dropper for cast / poly cast bullets?

Jim Poulette

NES Member
Newbie alert !

Anyone know of any good bullet droppers (for an LNL turret) for cast / poly cast bullets (.44 mag)?

I'm told the Hornady set/crimp dies are specifically for jacketed bullets, and MBF and RCBS do .41 and .45 but "don't do" .44 mag.

Any ideas ! :cool:

Newbie alert !

Anyone know of any good bullet droppers (for a LNL turret) for cast / poly cast bullets (.44 mag)?

I'm told the Hornady set/crimp dies are specifically for jacketed bullets, and MBF and RCBS do .41 and .45 but "don't do" .44 mag.

Any ideas !

Try different tools and modify as needed to make it work.

Ah, gotcha.
Looks like it its "one of those" calibers that aren't considered worth mass producing, like sitting down and banging out a few thousand vs. 9/40/45.
The fix for cast .44 seems to be emery cloth and some experimentin
Post #15 here. There are similar threads over there but not much on .44, and devolve pretty quickly to "I only load .44 on a single stage, and I hate anything new including fuel injection, and wish they never got rid of points ignition and victrollas"

There was mention o a g.s.i. feeder, but it may be out of production

Honestly, for what I'm doing on a 550, I wouldn't bother with .44. Unless you're goal is setting a land speed record.
Depending on the playlist I'm anywhere between 250-400 an hour (Pink Floyd vs Lamb of God). Sq Deal might be a little more, but I'm still feeding cases and heads 1 by 1.
With a progressive you should be up at a steady 300.

I'm not saying don't pursue it, just don't get hell bent on it. Seems to be boundless options for anything else.

Got it. I've already made hundreds of .44 on a single stage, and the turret by manually placing the bullet.

No biggee at all, but like you said it must be "one of those" calibers (with a lower profit margin I suspect).

Back
Top Bottom