• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bull pups and Neu-Triggers

So I own two bull pups a STG-556 and a FS-2000. They both share the same problem, the trigger pull is heavy and stiff. This week I purchased and installed a "NEU-Trigger" in both of them. The STG-556 had a trigger pull off the scale of my RCBS spring trigger gauge. The FS-2000 was almost the same, it was actually a little higher.
The instalulation is very easy, the YouTube link is very helpful.
So after the install, the FS-2000 gauged at a little over 8 lbs and the STG-556 went down to 7.25 lbs. So I am pleased with the out come, the drop in trigger pull and the smoothing of the pull itself. The parts are 26.00 dollars each and took about 30 seconds to install. So if you own a bull pup and want to drop some trigger weight and make the pull smoother give them a try. It is completely reversible as well. Thanks for reading and good luck.
Mark

I own the same 2 rifles and have avoided the Neu-trigger like the plague. Who wants an unsecured piece of metal inside their trigger group?

I guess it's fine for range guns, but I'm not a fan of the design.

The neu trigger is a metal tab that fits to the slide inside the hammer pack.

Slide piece is shown in the diagram as 9# , disregard the other info. It's the only pic of it I have in my photobucket.

The hammer pack shown with the neu trigger installed is a MSAR pack, not an AUG pack.

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

fc06b2ae.jpg

Last edited:
I have some A1's, A2, and A3 AUG's and only use the factory pack with no modifications. Call me a purist, but I like to keep things as they are...
After a couple thousand rounds the hammer packs smooth out to a consistent and smooth pull.

Some people give positive reviews to the neu trigger, so it can't be that bad, but I am just not a fan.

The Trigger Tamer did not work for me in my Styer Aug A3. The hammer would not reset.

I got the Neu-Trigger and it works great. Smooth pull and a little lighter.

Malodave

Back
Top Bottom