Bulk salt

Cracking up. I'm trying my hardest to eliminate salt from my diet for the blood pressure. It seems like it is in everything, not just the obvious like chips, crackers, etc..

I have blood pressure issues too, but we just processed our pigs this past weekend and it got me to thinking about how that would work long term. It takes quite a bit of salt to make a curing brine for bacon and ham. I'm not about to give those up.

Cracking up. I'm trying my hardest to eliminate salt from my diet for the blood pressure. It seems like it is in everything, not just the obvious like chips, crackers, etc..

I have blood pressure issues too, but we just processed our pigs this past weekend and it got me to thinking about how that would work long term. It takes quite a bit of salt to make a curing brine for bacon and ham. I'm not about to give those up.

Table salt is bad for you. Contains chemicals and caking agents. I used to use Sea Salt for everything and still have a good stock of it and cook with it. But Iodine is something vital we all need and this is why regular table salt became popular as it was iodized. But Himalayan salt has iodine in it naturally. That is what I recently switched to. Your body actually needs sodium. But I cook almost everything from real foods. I will even be learning how to bake our own bread because I do like it and I'm hoping if I make my own I will not have the issues that I have with mass produced breads.

Thanks for the link to that site.

Table salt is bad for you. Contains chemicals and caking agents. I used to use Sea Salt for everything and still have a good stock of it and cook with it. But Iodine is something vital we all need and this is why regular table salt became popular as it was iodized. But Himalayan salt has iodine in it naturally. That is what I recently switched to. Your body actually needs sodium. But I cook almost everything from real foods. I will even be learning how to bake our own bread because I do like it and I'm hoping if I make my own I will not have the issues that I have with mass produced breads.

Thanks for the link to that site.
Where do you get the Himalayan salt?

most any store carries himalayan salt these days. check the "natural" section if it's not with the rest of the salt products

Back
Top Bottom