Bulgarian milled receiver AK47 underfolder kit

Ely

Has anyone built one of these on a stamped receiver? I have tried to look for a milled receiver and it seems like they are all out of stock with no ETA.

Any help (this is my first AK build) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It can be done, but it depends on the milled kit you have. Some milled kits have threaded barrels and/or the journal's tend to be different than standard AKM front trunnion dimensions. You may have to turn down the barrel journal OD to fit a standard AKM front trunnion ID for a stamped receiver, but it can be done.

Milled receivers are out there. You need to look harder.

since this is your first AK build, you should build the AK kit on it's intended receiver type.

Putting a milled receiver (as Mac has said) kit on a stamped receiver will require lots of additional work that you probably don't possess. And it'll require extra parts, which go for premiums these days (trunnions).

It won't be worth it in the end.

i'd considered it as well, and even after doing a few AKs so far... i still came to the "**** it" conclusion, OP. and btw all these guys who have posted before me are where i learned everything that i know. they know what's up.

*Sigh*
Thanks for all the info, now I just got to wait until I can find a milled receiver. All of the companies that make then are out of stock.

Milled MLS99 Firing Line AK-47 Receiver AK AK47 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

New Page

Receivers (I would do this one)

and odds are they're all out of stock (except gunbroker) so do yourself a favor AND CALL THEM. If they know you're interested, and take an order from you, they will probably make it for you.

Calling the company is the easiest way to get more info as to availability. Lots of people around here don't do that- they almost seem afraid of the phone and anything that is above and beyond "internetting." lol.

anyways, good luck! Never done a milled build before... but that might change here soon.

Last edited:
OK here you go...

That’s a pretty ambitious first build. Here are the ins and outs of this build. You need a milled AK-47 barrel pattern not the common AKM. You can use a 1970 Yugo but have to recut the handguard retainer further back. The Yugo lower handguard is longer. The RSB is not right for the Yugo barrel and will not be fully supported but will be OK. Next is the barrel trunnion any AK-47 non bulged stamped trunnion can be used. The milled RSB needs to be modified to fit between the ears of the trunnion because it is too wide. Either widen the ears of the trunnion or thin the sided of the RSB. Or you can use a stamped RSB but you will have to ream the hole to fit the barrel. AK-builder had the correct milled barrel a while ago but IDK current availability. You will also need a selector stop. For the flat you have two choices a generic non drilled or the Romanian. The Romanian because the Bulgarian under folder has the Romanian style mechanism. We’re almost done. Lastly is the rear trunnion. You need a Romanian style trunnion to work with the Bulgy UF. AK-Builder has them for $60+ or you can weld your own for $18 from Jack Squat Jack Squat's Flat Spot - Jack Squat's Flat Spot . This is not easy but can be done. Desert fox sales has complete Polish UF sets with trunnion for $109 but you will need to use a Polish style flat to work with these. https://www.desertfoxsales.com/POLISH_UNDER_FOLDING_STOCK_SET_p/dfs-413p.htm

My two cents is cut your losses and buy something you can build and enjoy. Save it for the future and piece it together. There are complete Polish UF kits less barrel and flat for $389 or the Polish fixed kits for around $300 but these are going fast. Also there are Egyptian’s for $350 ish.

I got my Yugo barrel from centerfire systems for like $20 it was as is condition it looked like a drain pipe when I got it but after several cleanings and a few hundred rounds it looks ok I can hit an 8" steel plate at 200yds standing so I'm more than happy with that.

I got my Yugo barrel from centerfire systems for like $20 it was as is condition it looked like a drain pipe when I got it but after several cleanings and a few hundred rounds it looks ok I can hit an 8" steel plate at 200yds standing so I'm more than happy with that.

yugo barrels can clean up nice. And they can be wicked accurate.

That's a hell of a deal for $20. I kick myself every time I remember how I didn't buy like 10 of those.

A question to those of you who knows a lot more about AK than I do. What barrel should I order from K-VAR?

http://www.k-var.com/shop/Barrels/

1. Description: Brand new Bulgarian, Styre Hammer forged chrome-lined classic style heavy barrel

2.Description: Brand new Bulgarian, Styre Hammer forged chrome-lined classic style heavy barrel, 14x1mm threaded muzzle.

3. Description: Brand new Bulgarian, Styre Hammer forged chrome lined Barrel

I know that the gas block and front sight is pressed on etc. so I am at a loss as what will fit on my kit and milled receiver.

Last edited:
what milled receiver did you get?

Does it have threads for the barrel?

Or does it have a press-fit journal for the barrel?

you're asking a lot of questions about "what goes with what you have" while providing no information as to what you actually have.

what milled receiver did you get?

Does it have threads for the barrel?

Or does it have a press-fit journal for the barrel?

you're asking a lot of questions about "what goes with what you have" while providing no information as to what you actually have.

Let me clarify. I have a Bulgarian AK47 underfolder kit.
I bought a CNC Warrior milled underfolder reciever.
http://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=23112

I was worried the the heavy barrel from K-var will not fit the sights and gas block etc.

Last edited:
All the parts are now in. I have never built an AK, does any one know a gunsmith in Maine that can do it?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom