• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bulgarian AK build

My first AK build. Been working on it since Late February a few hours a week.

DSCF0530.JPG

DSCF0531.JPG

It is a 1990 Bulgarian AK74 Kit from Ohio Rapid Fire rebuilt onto a Armory USA reciever. It took so long since I built all of the press and rivet tooling necessary to do the job. The parts were homebrew parkerized before being riveted together, and then GunKoted after the riveting was completed. The wood was stripped, sanded, and refinished with Minwax Red Oak and many coats of Boiled Linseed Oil.

It still needs a bit of tuning, but it's done...[smile]

Sadly, there are no in process pics. There really wasn't the urge to have in process shots until I was looking at the finished rifle and thought about posting the results. Hindsight 20/20 and all. there will be some better quality pictures on the way, though.

Sadly, there are no in process pics. There really wasn't the urge to have in process shots until I was looking at the finished rifle and thought about posting the results. Hindsight 20/20 and all. there will be some better quality pictures on the way, though.

You'll just have to make another one.

Back
Top Bottom