• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Building this AR15 What are your opinions??

Lower Receiver:
S&W m&P 15 $132.80
Magpul MIAD Grip Kit $36
Magpul AFG-1 Angled Fore Grip $35
Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard Aluminum $20

Total = $224

Upper Reciever:

Troy M7 16" CQB Receiver - $1225

Features
M4 Bolt Assembly & Charging Handle Included
16" Hammer Forged NiCorr-Lined Barrel With A 1/7 twist
TRX Extreme 13" Free Float Rail (W/three removable rails )
Folding Front and Rear BattleSights
Medieval Flash Suppressor
Modular Combat Grip
Magpul ASAP - Ambidextrous sling attachment Point $30
Magpul MS2 - Multi Mission Sling System $50
or
360 Rail Mount = $33 or with TRX cooling = $39

Potential Upgrades
Tritium $144 or Regular $99 Front Folding
Tritium DOA $164 or DOA $119

Total = $1305

Stock:
Magpul MOE Carbine Stock - Mil Spec $60
or
Magpul PRS = $255

Total for all = $1589

Anyone have any thoughts on this build??

Nice list, I didn't see where you're located but I'm sure you're aware that in MA the following may be a problem:
  • Medieval Flash Suppressor
  • Magpul MOE Carbine Stock / Magpul PRS

Located in Western MA and yes I am aware, however I have a friend who works for Troy Industries and he will make sure the stock's are fixed, which those types can be, and the flash supressor, as far as I am aware is ok, considering he just made one for another friend with the suppressor. Thank you though for the comments. I guess I may need a trigger for this rig I just realized. Back to do some research.

Located in Western MA and yes I am aware, however I have a friend who works for Troy Industries and he will make sure the stock's are fixed, which those types can be, and the flash supressor, as far as I am aware is ok, considering he just made one for another friend with the suppressor. Thank you though for the comments. I guess I may need a trigger for this rig I just realized. Back to do some research.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the only way the flash suppressor is ok is if the AR does not have a pistol grip. Since the AR has a Pistol Grip it cannot have a flash suppressor, folding/adjustable stock, grenade launcher or bayonet lug. I feel like I am still missing something here. But anyways, you will need to replace that flash suppressor with a compensator or a muzzle break to make it MA Post Ban Legal or you can get in a lot of trouble. The setup he made for someone, was it a MA resident? If it was for a state not under the AWB then it is ok, if it is for someone in MA you may want to have your friend check the laws on the AWB and also have him notify the owner of the one he put it on before anyone in a position to bag him on it notices.

You need an entire lower parts kit.

Also, the flash suppressor is certainly not legal. The Medieval Muzzle Brake is fine, but any flash suppressor is not.

The Magpul MOE trigger guard weighs a little less than the ETG and cost less.

I have run both the AFG and MVG and I like the MVG better as it serves better as a hand stop for me.

I love my Troy TRX rail. The thing rocks and is simple to install and saves a lot of weight.

If you can swing a Claymore you will like it more. If you can realy swing a PWS FSC 556 you will be in love with how well it shoots.

Unless you are running a sling all the time I would think of a different option than the ASAP. I like the Noveske plates myself though I don't run one as I run a BFG sling.

Don't bother with Trit. front sights. Save yourself the moeny and get a bottle of luminous paint and it will work wonders.

All around it sounds like you have a solid build in mind.

...the flash supressor, as far as I am aware is ok, considering he just made one for another friend with the suppressor...

As others have said, flash suppressors on post-ban rifles are NOT legal in MA.

Possession of a post-ban rifle with a flash suppressor is a felony, punishable by a fine of $1,000-$10,000 and imprisonment for 1-10 years (M.G.L. c.140 s.131M).

Additionally, a conviction would render an individual a federally prohibited person, unable to own firearms for life.

I have one question and one piece of advice.... What is the gun for? CQB? IF it is, the Magpul PRS is a quite heavy stock to put on it. I have one on my 24 inch Bull Barrel upper. The whole firearm weighs probably twice than a CQB does!! A skeleton stock might also work for you, with the added benefit of light weight for quick presentation on targets and less bulk.

Medieval Flash Suppressor .... the ones on the shelves and pegs around here are all brakes not flash suppressors. they have the toothy fronts that are bored to the cal. cool looking part but mis-named maybe?

there is a huge difference between the MOE stock and the PRS (in terms of weight). Both are great stocks, and have the MOE on my SBR, and big fan of Magpul stuff overall.

So if your going with an M4ergery type carbine grab the MOE, if your going to go for target/tack driver grab the PRS.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Wasn't sure how many responses I would get as this is the first time posting here. I still think I am going to stick with the aforementioned package. It is actually the muzzle brake that will be installed and I'm just getting it pinned and welded to the barrel to make it compliant. Also, I think I like the moe stock better than the Prs in terms of look and I also figured the weight difference may be an issue. I'll look into that trigger as well.

I love Troy stuff - have run two multi thousand dollar group buys her on NES. One of the products I bought was a Troy Medieval Muzzle Brake...It was 'Billy Badass" looking and controlled muzzle climb during multiples like you would not believe. It was also among the loudest muzzle brakes out there, (next to that goddamned Bushmaster nightmare). It was so loud, it constantly blanked out the shot timer and threw out a multi layered fireball... Trust me when I tell you: Go cheap and buy the FSC556, or go a little more and get the Battlecomp...You can than me later...

I love Troy stuff - have run two multi thousand dollar group buys her on NES. One of the products I bought was a Troy Medieval Muzzle Brake...It was 'Billy Badass" looking and controlled muzzle climb during multiples like you would not believe. It was also among the loudest muzzle brakes out there, (next to that goddamned Bushmaster nightmare). It was so loud, it constantly blanked out the shot timer and threw out a multi layered fireball... Trust me when I tell you: Go cheap and buy the FSC556, or go a little more and get the Battlecomp...You can than me later...

I have the Troy medieval brake on my M4gery. I can confirm the loudness and the fire... but c'mon, that just makes it exciting [grin]

Back
Top Bottom