• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Building out an AK Receiver

I'm still sitting on my AK Receiver from the GB way back when.. What's the best place to buy a parts kit?
Is AK-Builder still the place to go? Is there a list of sites someone wouldn't mind sharing, to rotate through to check on inventory pricing?
I think I've only got the effort in me to buy a kit with a pre-installed barrel versus pressing a barrel in myself.

I'm still sitting on my AK Receiver from the GB way back when.. What's the best place to buy a parts kit?
Is AK-Builder still the place to go? Is there a list of sites someone wouldn't mind sharing, to rotate through to check on inventory pricing?
I think I've only got the effort in me to buy a kit with a pre-installed barrel versus pressing a barrel in myself.

there are assload of sites, but it depends on the kit that you want. Some sites have better prices on 74s, some on other variants. AK-builder is a good source to get everything and to get things like kits with headspaced barrel, but they are not the best on price. However, little money saved will equal to more headache gained.

Google "AK kits" and go to what comes up in the few first pages.

atlantic firearms
arms of america
apex gun parts
whatacountry

just a few off of the top of my head but there are few more go-to places as well, depending on what you are looking to build

akfiles classifieds worth mentioning as well as it is really busy and there are some good deals to be had with a little bit of patience.

which AK are you interested in building?

Thx Boris - back when I was really looking to build them soon, I had stumbled on some good spots. Seems they're all out of stock these days.

atlantic firearms
arms of america
apex gun parts
whatacountry

just a few off of the top of my head but there are few more go-to places as well, depending on what you are looking to build

akfiles classifieds worth mentioning as well as it is really busy and there are some good deals to be had with a little bit of patience.

which AK are you interested in building?

Both a 47 and 74. Non-folders. Just classic wood furniture guys.

Gunpartscorp
Royaltigerimports

Are a couple more. I'm having trouble trying to find people willing to ship mags (Suomi, ppsh,G3)

If you buy a kit with a pre-headspaced barrel, you can avoid that task, but there will still be barrel pressing involved. The barrel must be out in order to rivet the trunnion in.

If you are interested in premium kits with all matching numbers and original barrels, I still have a few kits left over from my buying frenzy 10-12 years ago. Including a couple of kits derived from brand new unfired rifles.
Kits of these quality have not been available for many years. I have both 47s and 74s. Everything I have left is a duplicate of a variant that I have already built, so I would entertain offers on them.

These kits are much higher quality than anything currently available and would be priced accordingly.

If you buy a kit with a pre-headspaced barrel, you can avoid that task, but there will still be barrel pressing involved. The barrel must be out in order to rivet the trunnion in.

If you are interested in premium kits with all matching numbers and original barrels, I still have a few kits left over from my buying frenzy 10-12 years ago. Including a couple of kits derived from brand new unfired rifles.
Kits of these quality have not been available for many years. I have both 47s and 74s. Everything I have left is a duplicate of a variant that I have already built, so I would entertain offers on them.

These kits are much higher quality than anything currently available and would be priced accordingly.

That's a nice little investment that will likely only go up in value.

what variants are we talking about? Very interested

Back
Top Bottom