• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Building my first AR

Yeah, but I'm in the build it yourself forum! I'm trying to learn how to do things. [smile] I may settle for doing the bayo lug myself and having the brake pinned/welded by a smith this time. It's satisfactory to just cut off the ears, right? I don't need to take off the entire thing, I think.
Yeah but you don't have a welder, drill or decent drill bits plus,live in an apartment.
Time constraints also I'm sure.... OR go to harbor freight buy a cheap ass 120v welder, drill and hit ace hardware for some cobalt drill bits. AND get it done? If you where closer I would help out. I can't travel to far with 3 young kids.
Return the welder when done with it.....

The pin and weld is such a easy job there ain't shit on you tube about it. Like 2 videos.
If I ever do one again .....I like target crown no muzzle device ARs now. I will post a video.

Way down to the end of this post has a short how to pin and weld. I used the round end of broken drill bits for my pins....nice snug fit.http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/226782_.html

Last edited:
Haha okay. I'll definitely just get it done professionally. :) for the bayonet lug, just removing the ears so it can't attach a bayonet is good enough right? I saw Adco doing it that way.

Back
Top Bottom