Building an 80% for NFA

Want to submit a form 1 to build a 300blk SBR. I'd like to use one of my 80% lowers so I can make the serial number something I like and have an engraving done ect. If I use the online form upload, will it let me put in myself as the manufacturer or do Inhave to use the drop down menu selections. Basically I'm asking how do I turn an 80% into an SBR not being a manufacturer and such.

it would be easier using one of my stripped lowers I'm sure, but I'd like to use an 80 so I can personalize it.

FMI

Submitting an eForm 1 where there is no original manufacturer:
  1. on the line item screen, a window for the entry of manufacturer is opened after clicking the Add Firearm button.
  2. click the “By Manufacturer Code’ button and enter FMI as the manufacturer code and click Verify.
  3. select the United States as the country of manufacture and proceed to the description screen.
When you do this, ‘FORM 1 REGISTRATION’ will appear as the name of the maker on the PDF -- the applicant is the maker and registrant for purposes of the NFA and must mark the firearm accordingly.

Thanks Kevin. My eyes are sore from reading so much. Kinda confused with reading where people are getting disapproved for selecting various caliber designations or other BS from the drop down boxes on the eforms site. Like I said I could use one of my stripped lowers but after all the engraving I didn't want it to look like a nascar ride or anything. I'd just like to turn one of my 80's into a nice clean looking lower and have it anodized for this build.

Back
Top Bottom