Building a Pre Ban AR

Hi Folks
After reading and slogging through this states Bizarre [rules] Assault weapons Rules, I am going to begin my search for my first Build. Now,,I'm pretty sure I understand this but I'll throw it out there anyway. As long as the lower is built before 94 and not a Colt( Way to keep those jobs going A.G.) I can pretty much have all the "Evil" features without having to worry about Rooming with Tiny in Bridgeport. Correct?
Thanks,

I was told at an NRA match that even though I had a pre-ban lower and I had personal cut the bayonet lug off myself (just so I would not get jammed up) That I was still out of compliance, and could get in to a jam if someone got a bug in their bum. It is a threaded barrel with a muzzle brake/Flash hider. I do not want to pin the brake and maybe screw up the harmonics of the barrel. I got it shooting great now and don’t want to fix what ain’t broke… Sorry I don’t have an answer for you but if you get one drop me a note.

The CT AWB is not a copy of the Federal ban, the lower is the registered part and the CT law makes no reference to the condition of the firearm (whether it had folding stock, bayonet lug etc). As long as you can prove the lower was manufacture prior to September 13, 94. Colt firearms are listed on the AWB by name so you cannot have one of those.

Sec. 53-202m. Circumstances when assault weapons exempt from limitations on transfers and registration requirements. Notwithstanding any provision of the general statutes, sections 53-202a to 53-202l, inclusive, shall not be construed to limit the transfer or require the registration of an assault weapon as defined in subdivision (3) or (4) of subsection (a) of section 53-202a, provided such firearm was legally manufactured prior to September 13, 1994.

I keep a copy of this in my range back along with info as to when my lower was made.

Back
Top Bottom