Building a Glock for fun - Ron's Frankenglock

What did you go with?

Also, after 300BLK and 308 builds, I’m sure it’s much cheaper to buy a preassembled version! But it’s fun and satisfying to build your own gadget. People I used to work with couldn’t understand why I made my dining room table or my home office desk.
My original intent was to use a Vortex Venom I had laying around. However, the night I was ordering stuff, it was after a couple Bourbons. I ordered the slide with a Vortex Viper cut....

So yeah, that's where I'm at. This weekend I'm going to fine tune the sights, along with the other 2 I need to tighten up....

First 3 out of the barrel, bench rest, PPU 115 @50'
IMG_20191122_141243.jpg

Final 3 out of the barrel, off hand @50' with PPU 115

IMG_20191122_141415.jpg

Pretty consistent, very little adjustment of rear sight.

Optics came in today, the slide has a different thread pattern as the screws that came with the optics, and the screws that came with the slide are too short. Figures.

Nice. What magwell is that? I like how subtle it looks and the cut aways for finger notches. How tight is it with mag clearance? I'll apologize in advance if you mentioned it already, as I'm already dipping into the Thanksgiving bourbon a little early.

I'll have to post my P80 build soon. Getting there...

Nice. What magwell is that? I like how subtle it looks and the cut aways for finger notches. How tight is it with mag clearance? I'll apologize in advance if you mentioned it already, as I'm already dipping into the Thanksgiving bourbon a little early.

I'll have to post my P80 build soon. Getting there...
The magwell is Strike Industries, and I got their mag extensions as well. They're polymer, so there isn't much to them honestly.

1574899243937303990186753447659.jpg

I'm right with you man.... Makers 46

Back
Top Bottom