• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Build question and the interpreted AWB

Hypothetically, because I have no need to try. And it's kinda of stupid where there are much better guns that do this out there. But, If one were to build out a new rifle but not install the gas tube, would it still be considered a "assault weapon" you'd have to charge it each time so it wouldn't be a semi auto.

Hypothetically, because I have no need to try. And it's kinda of stupid where there are much better guns that do this out there. But, If one were to build out a new rifle but not install the gas tube, would it still be considered a "assault weapon" you'd have to charge it each time so it wouldn't be a semi auto.

Only if you also don't use a gas block and hold your finger over the port to stop the killy gas from escaping. Try it out. [wink]

I stumbled across this link while looking for something else.
http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx
Obviously the laws in MA and MD are different, but have some similarities. I think it would be a pretty interesting mess if MA AG were to go after someone for something MD has expressly stated is not a copycat or copy. Given how vague MA'S new "interpretation" is, you would think "experts" from other states would be able to provide some guidance.

OMG THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!!! I'M TEMPTED TO SUPPORT THE AWB MYSELF!!!!!!! NO WAY MOST OF YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE ALLOWED OT HAVE GUNS. I predict this is on its way to 300 posts.

Pure speculation, because who the **** knows anymore, but theoretically if you altered it in such a way that you couldn't install a buffer tube may skirt her new test. He whole thing seems to be that if the receiver "could" be interchanged with the receiver of an AW then it is an AW. So welding a plug into the buffer threads or removing the threaded area. Something like that might fly. Just leaving the tube off doesn't get you there though.

Back
Top Bottom