• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Build Project NES-025 and NES-026 Updated 1/06/09

A small update: BCG and VFG

RRA BCG

This is not the best staking job in the world, but makes me want to invest in a MOAKS and do my own when needed.

staking.jpg

Say what you want, I prefer to have the BCG staked after listening to people who rely on the AR system more than most of us would ever. And since the first and formost job of this gun will be HD.

Up next is the wife got her VFG grips come in. Got them for $25 and can't go wrong with the price. There are deals out there gentlemen, just have to look for them.

KAC.jpg

You will notice that I moved the light mount around to the right side. I did this so my thumb could easily turn the light on and off given that the VFG didn't have the groove to put in the pressure switch.

Finally, pic of the family's 'combat' guns. M1911, M1911A1 and an AR-15

Tribute.jpg

WOW! Man, that is just looking awesome! If I can make one suggestion, look into an offset light mount, (LaRue, VLTOR, etc). I found the light mount included with the NES buy to be inadequate. An offset mount will put the light right where your thumb can naturally reach. Can't wait for a range report! [cheers]

WOW! Man, that is just looking awesome! If I can make one suggestion, look into an offset light mount, (LaRue, VLTOR, etc). I found the light mount included with the NES buy to be inadequate. An offset mount will put the light right where your thumb can naturally reach. Can't wait for a range report! [cheers]

Actually, my thumb has no real problems reaching it (very large hands).

Also, went to the range today. Dear god this thing is frickin sweet. I need to buy a sight adjustment tool and the like, but I can't wait to see what it does with a nice optic on it.

By the time you come down will have the 16" BCM and the 10.5" LMT to shoot.

also can bring you to a few good places for food and drink after (especially if you like Japanese food, we got a slew of sushi shops and steak houses)

Hey Skald,

What do you think about the UBR so far? Is it heavy?

Its a bit heavy, but helps balance out the 16" BCM Middy. A few of the guys over at M4C.net who have a few different AR's set up said the UBR balances out the 16" better than the MOE can. I tend to agree, with the MOE and Troy handguards it is kind of front heavy.

The MOE stock pairs AWESOMELY with the 10.5" LMT w/ LT 7" handguard. Need the VFG not because its so heavy but for better grip for me.

Back
Top Bottom