Build/Customize or Buy New for $500?

You can't find a used revolver or 1911 for $500.00? Not everyone flinches. I don't but most people are unwilling or unable to invest the time and ammunition it takes to get rid of it.

I never flinch at all, ever, either. Sometimes however a poorly manufactured bullet does take a nose dive low and left all on it's own.

I like how he said he hasn't bought a new gun since the fall and has an itch.. You mean you haven't bought a gun in two months?

Well since Sept/Oct. but then everyone assumed I don’t shoot for some reason. Lol. I am not at the range every day but a couple thousand rounds each month come n go my safe.

Throwing 500 bucks into a 10/22 is like spraying perfume on a pig. Waste of time and money. You will never get your money back and it is pretty hard to get much more out of a 10/22.
Two things said that really surprised me were... learning to deal with recoil. From a 9mm? Are you kidding me? If recoil from a 9mm is something you need to learn to deal with, you might want to stick to 22's and airsoft. Unless you are a 10 year old girl or an 80 year old woman, 9mm is about as soft as recoil gets. Maybe take up archery.
The second was " everybody flinches". Yeah no. I might jerk the trigger if I am not paying attention, but I am not flinching. Like Supermoto says, flinching is mental. It is in your head. Just don't flinch.
I would spend that 5 hundo on this. You will be the coolest kid at the range with this on your 320

romeo1-black-ga-2016.jpg

Throwing 500 bucks into a 10/22 is like spraying perfume on a pig. Waste of time and money. You will never get your money back and it is pretty hard to get much more out of a 10/22.
Two things said that really surprised me were... learning to deal with recoil. From a 9mm? Are you kidding me? If recoil from a 9mm is something you need to learn to deal with, you might want to stick to 22's and airsoft. Unless you are a 10 year old girl or an 80 year old woman, 9mm is about as soft as recoil gets. Maybe take up archery.
The second was " everybody flinches". Yeah no. I might jerk the trigger if I am not paying attention, but I am not flinching. Like Supermoto says, flinching is mental. It is in your head. Just don't flinch.
I would spend that 5 hundo on this. You will be the coolest kid at the range with this on your 320

romeo1-black-ga-2016.jpg
Be cool on the 10/22 also.
I will defend the poor 10/22 but I agree you will never get anything close to a return on your 10/22 build. You have to like shooting 22lr AND the 10/22 to get any satisfaction out of investing in one. If you just want a accurate 22lr by a CZ and a nice scope and buy some TENEX and shoot at 200 yards its as close to what its like shooting at 1000 yards as you can get.

Waiting to see what OP does.

No, you won't get your money back on a 10/22 build. But perfume on a pig? What other sub-MOA semi-auto options are available for 22LR at a similar price point as a 'built' 10/22?

No, you won't get your money back on a 10/22 build. But perfume on a pig? What other sub-MOA semi-auto options are available for 22LR at a similar price point as a 'built' 10/22?
Plus you might feel better shooting that .20 cent per round stuff through it when you build gets close to 1k or more:confused:

OP didn't state he had a flinching issue, yet many comments seem to be directing him to work on it. Kinda weird.

$500 would make the 10/22 much more enjoyable. Stock $125. Trigger $100-200. Scope and rings $150.

LOL, was wondering where the hell those comments were coming from. edit- Olympus didn't mention anything about flinching. He had an 'itch' for another firearm- maybe that started it? Plus, anyone crazy enough to run the Isle of Man isn't going to get jumpy over a little 'bang'.

I will say, loading a revolver with random shells was one of the training aids I was told would help with flinch.

Load a 357 revolver with empty chamber, 38 special, and full magnum loads, then spin the cylinder.

everyone flinches. people that say they don't are delusional and in denial. how about just loading up the ole revolver and enjoy shooting it. [wink]

This is where the flinch comments came from.

Back
Top Bottom