Build a Legal AR-15 in MA

being reading the forum for 2 weeks trying to find the answer, being to a couple of different shops around MA, few then offer me to build a high end AR-15 with a fixed mag (the shop will be fixing the mag), pin and weld muzzle brake and I would leave the shop with a legal AR! Othe shops told me I could not buy a brand new Lower from then and they could make to a fixed mag AR? They say if the lower was not manufactured to be a fixed mag is not allowed to be made as a fixed mag. Just would like to make a Good AR rifle, even if is a fixed mag, I don't mind much because wanna use for PRS on our range. Confuse dwith teh idea of some shops over to make me a fixed mag ar and other shop tell me that is not legal.

Thank you

The AWB says if your rifle is semi-auto with a detachable magazine you are limited to at most one of the following features (paraphrased)
1) pistol grip
2) bayonet lug
3) grenade launcher
4) folding/telescoping stock
5) flash hider or capable of accepting a flash hider

People build fixed magazine because it eliminates the pre-condition and the rifle can never be an assault weapon

But why would you ever do that? Because they think Healey's press conference matters. You get to decide that for yourself. Otherwise, just build one new with new parts and follow the AWB

Oh man. Just buy a lower and build the gun you want. Don't pin your mag and don't weld a muzzle device (at worst, solder it yourself if you worry about that kind of thing).

YEah never got a Pre-Ban, being shooting pistol for a long time, would just like to get some shooting competitions and is kind confused what I can do, this shop offers a pistol grip, a foldable stock with a pin/weld muzzle brake for a decent price, is a high-end build I guess so the would drill the lower to fix the mag release, just wonder about how legal it is.

YEah never got a Pre-Ban, being shooting pistol for a long time, would just like to get some shooting competitions and is kind confused what I can do, this shop offers a pistol grip, a foldable stock with a pin/weld muzzle brake for a decent price, is a high-end build I guess so the would drill the lower to fix the mag release, just wonder about how legal it is.

I'm not aware of any shooting competitions where a fixed mag AR can be used. Look to the actual written law, not disinformation from an activist AG, to know what's legal. She only said that stupid shit for campaign purposes, not to ever enforce it.

Screenshot_20201025-203253.png

Sorry to call you up bro. Everybody here is willing to help out. But nobody has time for fishing expeditions or people that are full of shit.
Not fishing, just confused as I said, being researching here and people is being very help full for sure, is just when I call some shop and they said they can build me a Fixed mag Ar and other shops say is not legal for then to modified the lower to be fixed gets very confused. trying to do my research and learn from people with more experience than me on the subject, to avoid mistakes later on.

Follow written MA General Law and build your Mass legal detachable magazine AR.

3ha5kt.jpg

I here what he is saying. I read 10 posts saying do not build one and I can find 10 posts saying do it.

It’s very confusing.
but hes avoiding the fact that OP has said in another post that he has a pre ban and a fixed mag rifle already ,,,,,thats how it reads.

There is no real reason to get a fixed mag AR... want to play PRS games there are much better options. Unless its a AR 10 in 6mm or some shit ?

I here what he is saying. I read 10 posts saying do not build one and I can find 10 posts saying do it.

It’s very confusing.
If you're scared of the tyrant in the AGs office, don't own guns. Otherwise, follow the law instead. She created this confusion to scare people into not owning these guns, without a legal basis.

Everyone has their risk tolerance. If you have a lot of money for lawyers, do whatever you want.
If you want someone else to be the legal test case, take the safe road.
There is no right answer.

One thing however is absolutely true and infallible:

Do not get your legal advice from NES!!!

being reading the forum for 2 weeks trying to find the answer, being to a couple of different shops around MA, few then offer me to build a high end AR-15 with a fixed mag (the shop will be fixing the mag), pin and weld muzzle brake and I would leave the shop with a legal AR! Othe shops told me I could not buy a brand new Lower from then and they could make to a fixed mag AR? They say if the lower was not manufactured to be a fixed mag is not allowed to be made as a fixed mag. Just would like to make a Good AR rifle, even if is a fixed mag, I don't mind much because wanna use for PRS on our range. Confuse dwith teh idea of some shops over to make me a fixed mag ar and other shop tell me that is not legal.

Thank you
You need to join and become a green member.

ok, so I start the post because I'm confused with some purchased I made in the Pass from some shop that sold a Fixed mag AR, and I try to buy on different shops, and some then don't sell me because they could not be modified a lower to be a fixed mag.

So I need a light on the tunnel, I want to build a 6.5 Creed rifle and make to a fixed mag so I can have "Legal" I guess, and be able to remove the mag when I go to a state that allowed.

What is the best way to fix a mag on a nice regular AR lower?

ok, so I start the post because I'm confused with some purchased I made in the Pass from some shop that sold a Fixed mag AR, and I try to buy on different shops, and some then don't sell me because they could not be modified a lower to be a fixed mag.

So I need a light on the tunnel, I want to build a 6.5 Creed rifle and make to a fixed mag so I can have "Legal" I guess, and be able to remove the mag when I go to a state that allowed.

What is the best way to fix a mag on a nice regular AR lower?

First of all, if you want a 6.5CM then you need an AR10 lower, not an AR15 lower. Get a fixed mag version from a shop and you're fine. You can put a flash hider on it, collapsible stock, etc.

You really shouldn’t listen to the people at those stores either. The fact that they said they’d also pin/weld the muzzle on a fixed mag shows they have no idea what they’re talking about. Go bolt action if the fixed mag discussion makes your head explode. Bolt actions are like the current trend with everyone getting in on it now like Sig, Springfield, DD, and Falkor.

Back
Top Bottom