• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bugging in

I personally do think it’s a good idea to prepare for maximizing our chances in a worst case scenario. All this stuff above is prob next years investment, keep it all in a shed but put up the fence posts around the backyard to minimize what has to be done if the power disappears permanently. From what I’ve read most people will be in a state of confusion or denial for a few days waiting for power to come back on.

Those critical few days would be the time I’d dig the cameras and perimeter sensors out of faraday bags amd get the perimeter razor wire fence up ASAP. Baton down the hatches and prepare for the first 3 months hunkered down. Lots of starving desperate people roaming around and looting I’d expect.

I expect we’d survive that ok.

it’s the survivors of the 3-6 month period and beyond I really worry about. They would have survived due to the “skillset” they developed and success using it.

I understand how protective very young children make a father feel but you need to let all this go. What you are imagining is not going to happen and if it did the survivors are not going to be in Framingham.

Put the money in a handful of carefully picked stocks instead and laugh at your ancient fears from a Carribean beach with a Pina Colada in hand 30 years from now. Those 30 years go by quickly, btw.

Last edited:
Sorry to derail the thread. If you believe your three year old may have autism, reach out to your pediatrician for early childhood development programs in your area. It’s free if your child qualifies and will do wonders for you and your kid.

Back to the zombies
This
Another unsolicited piece of advice - no screen time. Zero phone, computer or TV
Person to person interaction only. Board games, puzzles, wrestling or whatever it takes.

Living life on the spectrum is difficult and most of the help given just helps to mask symptoms and make the kid easier to take out in public.

Join the psychopaths, communism doesn't taste bad with a little meat church sprinkled over it. Im gonna eat all the Californians.

Don’t laugh. That is a seriously good idea. I will need a fairly heavy security force if I expect to keep any of this shit nailed down...

I poke fun at the things I’m jealous of. If there’s an extra spot on your security team I’ll take it I’m pretty good with a number of weapons including knees and elbows.

also can grow a mean green bean

You're way too deep down the rabbit hole imho. That's a big budget for a family with two young kids. Unless you're very successful there have to be far better ways to scratch that prepping itch right now...

...Last but not least, unless you lighten up your wife will likely eventually leave you.

This would be my first question. Where does your wife fit in all of this?

I have personally witnessed right here on NES 2 dudes have all his preps wither up and die on the vine because this crucial piece of the puzzle was overlooked.

Don't forget the toilet paper and diapers & formula for the little ones, and water filters. I've got two 50 BMG cans full of buck, another one of slugs. I'd like a couple (more) 12 ga mag fed semi auto shotguns. I'm looking for land in northern NH, between 20 and 50 acres now.

If thing get that bad just go on a vacation in some other country till things calm down.i got a few beatup guns, ammo, 1/2 year of food,enough to bug in for a few months, after that vacation time for the whole family in asia, wife like my plan.bug in and fight off looters for years on end will not work, women and children are not combattants.

If thing get that bad just go on a vacation in some other country till things calm down.i got a few beatup guns, ammo, 1/2 year of food,enough to bug in for a few months, after that vacation time for the whole family in asia, wife like my plan.bug in and fight off looters for years on end will not work, women and children are not combattants.

Interesting plan. I hope you get enough notice...

In every drama laden event ever seen or read about the airport is the last place I would want to be.

Interesting plan. I hope you get enough notice...

In every drama laden event ever seen or read about the airport is the last place I would want to be.
Ill drive and fight my way till i can get to an airport where we can take off... or ill hold em mf off till wife and kid ply off.... this is a good enough plan as any.

@mibro said almost everything I was going to post.

I assume a lot of people will die off in a dire enough situation. Bad decisions, lack of medical care, contaminated food/water, suicide. People couldn't even cope with Covid. An EOTWAWKI situation will have a lot of people offing themselves. And, lots of people will try to get to places where they think there is some kind of assistance. That could whittle down the hordes.

The down side is the super predators will be left until there isn't anything to take. Hopefully they will be thinned out by the prepared people and move away from the hard targets.

If you're ready for the less likely big disaster you'll be more that ready for the stuff that will most likely happen

Thanks all for the feedback and ideas. Deception and redirection are good ideas. Secondary deep woods bug out cabin also good idea.

One more suggestion I forgot earlier. Scatter a bunch of household items and broken furniture in your yard and driveway. Make your house look burned and looted with the front door ajar and the Golden Horde may just pass you by. :)

Unless you are building an underground living complex, there is no property within the 495 belt that could be sufficiently hardened to withstand a total societal collapse. Any visible fortification is confirmation that the property offers a good rate of return on incursion

I have two acres with woodland behind my property. In the hypothetical Golden Horde scenario, which to be clear I don't think will ever happen, my plan is to run into the woods with a rifle, night vision and fambly members. I might also dig a well concealed improvised hidey-hole in the back of my property with food and water.

The Mad Max scenario you imagine is a very, very low probability event. You will drive yourself nuts trying to plan for it in Framingham and also spend a ton of money on stuff that will eventually go to the dump.

In any case it's impossible for one rifleman to defend a suburban house in the scenario you imagine. If you're serious about this you need to think more about deception and concealment than an active defense.
If he's South of Route 9, he had a reasonable fear....that's where Ashland is......

IMO Hide in Plain Sight is the way to go. If you have a concertina-wire perimeter, it's a big flag that you have something worth protecting, and therefore, something worth stealing.

My kid was out on the trails around Callahan State Park, and came across a .gov facility that he did not know was there. The coiled owie-wire on the fence, and the uniformed guy with the sidearm was a hint that they did not take to kids trick-or-treating. It's like the Up Front cartoon by Bill Mauldin: Willie and Joe are looking at a tank roll by, and one says, "I'd rather dig....a moving foxhole attracts the eye."

He's one of the what if crowd. He has this elaborate scheme in his head. He wants to see what people are going to tell him on here. IF he was truly concerned about his family he would move away from all big city's. This is just a fantasy in his head.

You’re right on point, instead of prepping he should seek a therapist. I usually don’t condone that kind of thing...
He’s obviously living in his parents basement. The rest of us are just try to pay our mortgage and taxes. When The shit hits the fan? Guess what it’s already happened. Deal with it like an adult

One more suggestion I forgot earlier. Scatter a bunch of household items and broken furniture in your yard and driveway. Make your house look burned and looted with the front door ajar and the Golden Horde may just pass you by. :)

I love that suggestion. That’s definitely why my house already looks like it’s been looted and burned. :)

You really want to continue this slug fest? Given your obsession with me I'd say you're the one who needs a therapist.
Where was your first purse fight with mgnoob because I missed it?

I'm going to be brutally honest here so take it like my friends would take it.

If you are literally planning on defending .25 acres in the city or burbs I have bad news for you. Three of my friends and I could smoke you out and shoot you dead faster than you would even realize what was going on.

Where was your first purse fight with mgnoob because I missed it?

I'm going to be brutally honest here so take it like my friends would take it.

If you are literally planning on defending .25 acres in the city or burbs I have bad news for you. Three of my friends and I could smoke you out and shoot you dead faster than you would even realize what was going on.
Shake my head laughing....This guy needs some stumps

Its a good time to walk away from this one safetyfirst2025. know when you are licked.

Back
Top Bottom