Bugaboo Creek? Target Practice?

When to Bugaboo and well I feel a little weird saying this but....I really wanted to draw down and shoot the Buffalo...Moose..and that damn racoon![thinking]

Is that wrong???

Whenever my son disagrees with me about whether he should do something, I tell him I'll take him to Bugaboo Creek and inform the staff that it is his birthday.

This message has a 100% success rate.

Also, whenever we feel like annoying people, we start singing that damn "Happy Birthday" song they sing when they bring out the moose. That has a 100% annoyance rate.

I wanted to draw down on the entire chain of Bugaboo's in NE,they completely suck.

+1

The first/last time I was in one of those $hithole$, was two years ago, I remember ordering an expensive steak (ribeye?). The interesting part is that when the food was put in front of me, it was all fat, unlike the cuts I would get from my local butchery. Making matters worse was the annoying atmosphere (5 renditions of the "birthday song" & the singing wall animals). I have no problem spending money on good food, i.e. @ the KC Steakhouse in Boston, but I have a problem with that place. [angry]

Shooting up the Moose.

[laugh]

I think shooting up the moose would buy you some jail time. Then again, a plea of temporary insanity would be quite believable after a decapitated moose head hanging on a wall started talking and singing. "Your honor... and then the christmas tree... the christmas tree was dancing... I thought was losing my mind."

I stopped going there a long time ago, because of the &!# moose and the Christmas Tree too!

I heard the Capitol Grill is coming to Foxboro (or is it Mansfield?) Also heard it is owned by the same company that owns the Bugaboo, but I'm sure it will be a lot better and a quieter, prohibitively expensive experience.

Last edited:
I must be weird... I kind of find the talking animals amusing. But yah, the Christmas tree needs to be chopped up for firewood.

I usually go to the Longhorn or Outback's instead, anyway.

I wanted to draw down on the entire chain of Bugaboo's in NE,they completely suck.

Absoulutely agree. Anything steak related seems like USDA rejects and anything with pasta in it tastes like it was prepared in dishwater. I will never return. Actually I dislake chains in general and enjoy finding independent family owned places. Better food and better service.

I ate at the one in Newington, NH when I was travelling up to look at homes. It was nearby the hotel we were staying at near Pease. We actually liked it better than the Outback's in our area. My wife loves moose and got a kick out of it. Haven't been back in years. She makes better steaks that we could ever find in a restaurant.

Outback uses the worst cuts of meat in the business. At least they hide the lack of flavor and marbling with lots of generic spices that are the same for every dish....

And the prices of most chains these days? I can go the the Monument Grill for a somewhat decent Duck Confit with drinks, apps and dessert for nearly the same price as going to Outback. Same with the Victorian House (my fav) as long as we keep the bottles of Pinot Nior to a minimum.

Absoulutely agree. Anything steak related seems like USDA rejects and anything with pasta in it tastes like it was prepared in dishwater. I will never return. Actually I dislake chains in general and enjoy finding independent family owned places. Better food and better service.

I certainly hope you aren't lumping Golden Corral into that generalization[wink]

Could be worse. Anyone ever have to go to the "Rainforest Cafe" in the Burlington Mall? can't hear the table conversation due to the racket of the 'jungle'. And if that isn't enough, they have random thunderstorms.

Guess the kids like it, but too damned annoying to eat. And the food is terrible. Prefer Johnny Rockets which isn't saying much.

Could be worse. Anyone ever have to go to the "Rainforest Cafe" in the Burlington Mall? can't hear the table conversation due to the racket of the 'jungle'. And if that isn't enough, they have random thunderstorms.

Guess the kids like it, but too damned annoying to eat. And the food is terrible. Prefer Johnny Rockets which isn't saying much.

We took the kids to the one in dallas when it first opened in the late 90's

That is the biggest scam in the food service industry

I satisfied my hunger by stopping into the best hotdog place on the east coast when I was back in NJ last week. Nothing better than a Rutt's Hutt ripper dog. Not all that healthy but tasty. Not a bad deal for $5.00...........

Where in NJ is that?

I might satisfy my cholesterol cravings while I'm in NJ by either hitting White Castle or (dare I say it) getting some of the BEST fried chicken to be had commercially: Chicken Delight.

(at least, the one in Fair Lawn (now renamed Chicken Galore) is the best commercially done fried chicken I've ever had)

Next time you are in NJ, you need to stop in Edison, NJ at a place called Harolds. It's attached to a Holiday Inn I think, but it has the biggest sandwiches I've ever seen. I got a Turkey club there once. The sandwich was so big there was no possible way I could open my mouth big enough to take a bit. The meat was stacked at least 3-4 inches high, the cheese was 2 inches at least with one inch of bacon. Put that together with bread and other fixins and you have a cholesterol bomb worthy of a king. Damn, my mouth is watering just thinking of that place. Oh, not to mention the all you can eat pickle and hots buffet that comes with every sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom