• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bug out or sit tight? You're plan?

You are most prepared to:

• Bug out

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Sit tight

Votes: 78 57.4%
  • All set on both fronts; Situation details determine course of action.

Votes: 48 35.3%

• Total voters

Turbocharged

NES Member
This is a simple poll to see what you mainly focas on.
I know most have a plan/supplies for both, but which plan of action do you focas the MOST on. Meaning, which one have you given the most thought to? Which one is the first thing to pop into your mind if there is an emergency?

I have no bunker to go to and don't want to be in the woods with a hundred thousand people who also bugged out? How much can you actually carry? Maybe a weeks worth food for a family? Not counting items for protection and medical. I've set my castle up for hard times and [STRIKE]I'll[/STRIKE] we'll make [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] our stand here. If I can't make it here I can't make it there for sure.

Closest family is over an hour away and during a SHTF situation I doubt I would be able to get to them. So, I'll sit tight and wait for the zombies to come.

Stay where I am. Already know who of my neighbors have hords of food, if they don't make it back they won't need it. Have several close local friends that know where my ammo and guns are and if I don't make it back I would hope they use every last bullet.

Living close to Boston, the situation determines whether I sit tight or BO.

Still chipping away at the Survival Forum "Real Deal" Checklist, and have made a lot of progress since March.

in the event of fallout or simple raiding and such, I stay. in the event of all out war, or something that requires a decent amount of coordination with other people then I have plans elsewhere.

I live in Worcester. Dirtbags will start pillaging asap. I'm out.

I don't think waiting out the crazies in a city are possible. If the problem doesn't go away people will only get more desperate. If I could wait out the problem, fine than.

Stay put. Nowhere to go to at the moment and no family (other than DH & kids w/me here) within 6 hrs drive so if SHTF they/we are out of luck on that score anyways. The moment we become millionaires I buy a property in Montana and go homestead. Not likely to happen though. *roll eyes*

Basically I'm not too much of a fan of the whole idea of bugging out. Too much gear needed, it's impractical, and what about when you get there? The locals will already have it staked out. Besides, All it would take is a helicopter with heat-sensing gear and other military gear to find you and wipe your little camp off the map. Even if you go underground or something, it's hardly any difference. There is no "there" to go to, that's a myth. [thinking] IMHO anyways- that and $2 will get you a cup of coffee- [thinking]

Although Ive made arrangements and preparations to bug out, I voted Sit Tight due to my personal situation. I live on an Island . Bugging out may not be a possibility.
Living on an island may be a good thing or bad depending on the situation.

Although Ive made arrangements and preparations to bug out, I voted Sit Tight due to my personal situation. I live on an Island . Bugging out may not be a possibility.
Living on an island may be a good thing or bad depending on the situation.

I'm pretty much "In the same boat" as you.
I'd prefer to stay put,but must have a plan B.
I could get to Nova Scotia,P-Town,the Vineyard easily should bug-out be necessary.
Living on the ocean can be a big advantage when in need of a food source or the fact you have a vessel as a "BOV".
Being able to hop on a boat you avoid crowded interstates & secondary roads and you can have tons of supplies onboard.

I could get to Nova Scotia,P-Town,the Vineyard easily should bug-out be necessary.
Living on the ocean can be a big advantage when in need of a food source or the fact you have a vessel as a "BOV".
Being able to hop on a boat you avoid crowded interstates & secondary roads and you can have tons of supplies onboard.

Just be careful of SAJohn or Capt. Walt coming at you flying the Jolly Roger.

Ive often thought that it would be easy enough to "commandeer" a seaworthy craft and head Down East if need be.

Closest family is over an hour away and during a SHTF situation I doubt I would be able to get to them. So, I'll sit tight and wait for the zombies to come.

+1

I have no bug out location in the country and the nearest family is in a BIG city full of "urban" people if you know what I mean. Definitely the last place I would be headed for if TSHTF.

My wife's business partner is a county commissioner in a rural county NW of here and owns a pretty large farm, plus he is very politically conservative. That is a bug out possibility if things got really bad but I haven't broached the subject with him yet.

So I keep buying, growing, and canning food, procuring alternative means of cooking and heating, and obtaining more and more potable water. We have a tent, sleeping bags, and outdoor equipment which allows us to stay in the house even if some damage has occured to it.

I am not concerned about weaponry or ammunition. I got that covered pretty well.

I think everyone would prefer the comfort of staying put at home but the reality of living in a city of 50,000+ and being close to Boston means you have to be on the move.

First objective is to pack up the vehicles, then meet up with other SHTF prepared people we know.
Second concern is a fresh water source, hopefully one of our "locations" are clean and unoccupied.
Third, would be setting up defensive measures. Lastly, survive.

If it's a natural disaster of some kind, then it's stay put, between my preps and the farm across the road, I think we'll be fine. If it's something like all out social breakdown, or say, revolution, which seems almost just as likely as natural disaster lately, then, we've got dirt roads and back roads mapped out to gather with freinds and family at a preditermined place, where all will be set. What a crazy time we live in to even have to think that way.

Depends on the situation. If it's a SHTF situation that comes up immediately with no warning, staying put. If it's something I can see coming (12 hours+ warning) and have time to get out without hitting parking lot traffic, definitely heading to Maine.

Back
Top Bottom