• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bug Out Jacket

Leave the bug out bag at home, wear this jacket instead..turns into a vest too [wink]
I actually like it, price isnt rediculous at 325$

Orvis Travel Jacket
1P4YVT0.jpg

price isnt rediculous at 325$
We apparently have different definitions of "ridiculous".

I own a really nice leather jacket, some good smooth ostrich ropers, and a really nice hat as my most expensive single items of clothing. If I've ever worn $325 total worth of clothing at the same time, it was the Army Blue Mess for a wedding.

Looks like a nice jacket, might very well be worth the price, but any single piece of clothing over $250 is automatically in "ridiculous" territory by my book.

We apparently have different definitions of "ridiculous".

I own a really nice leather jacket, some good smooth ostrich ropers, and a really nice hat as my most expensive single items of clothing. If I've ever worn $325 total worth of clothing at the same time, it was the Army Blue Mess for a wedding.

Looks like a nice jacket, might very well be worth the price, but any single piece of clothing over $250 is automatically in "ridiculous" territory by my book.

Oh no I agree, but im comparing to 800$ jackets that work for one purpose only such as skiing, most expensive clothing I have is a carhart jacket and another 200$ jacket I got for 40$ on clearance, im usually pretty cheap [cheers]

looks very stylish. does it have matching clogs? [laugh]

seriously.. $325 is way too much.. its like wearing abercrombie & finch in Harlem.

you don't really want to look like a 5.11 LA Police Gear.com catalog when SHTF. [laugh] [laugh]

SeV makes quite a few jackets/vests/hoodies with no outside pockets, or none other than the "usual" ones. I think those would be a MUCH better, lower-key choice than any of these with 90 pockets on the outside of the jacket.

I'd pick one up in a second but it would clash with my bugout swim trunks and bugout paracord belt.

I knew I should've gone with black.

I just made a new bug out jacket out of paracord bracelets, I needed to practice my rescue SHTF weaving. It's pretty nice except kind of heavy and I can't find any pants to match that aren't too tight.

Meh. As long as he blouses his trousers in a pair of Corcorans, people will know he's the real deal in that SHTF jacket.

Is it OK if they're Danners and not Corcorans?

you forgot the "high & tight" and pair of oakley's. [laugh]

Oh c'mon, dude. It's a nice, low-maint haircut, and they're the most comfortable sunglasses I've ever owned.

Oakley's are old school, dude.

I've got a pair of Wiley X Team Recon Black Ops Airborne Hydro Slayers. I can take a .338 Lapua to the face with these and not even flinch while all the hotties blow me kisses as I strut through the post apocalyptic rubble with my SBR in a Noveske back pack.

Can you take a magnum-load from uncut guys to the face with those on too?

as long as there's Alpo involved.

Now who feeds it to who? Did they spoon feed it to you while testing the strength of the ballistic eye gaskets....or did you spoon feed yourself while they went to town on your glasses?

Jeez, guys. Can we have one tacticool thread about tacticool threads and not have it turn into something homoerotic?

Well the only true way to test a product is to run it through post apocalyptic scenarios....and then run your hands through timbers hair and tell him how special he is to you, right before testing the sunglasses.

Back
Top Bottom