• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bug out info pack for family

So, this Christmas I'm thinking of putting some type of info pack for close friends and family in with their gifts this year.

The idea is to put in writing some info to help close friends and family stay on the same page in case of some type of shtf situation (natural disaster/civil unrest).

Here is some info I was thinking of putting in the packet.

-phone numbers of friends/family(too many people don't memorize contact info outside their phones.)

-bug out locations. If I have to leave my home, I want them to know my fall back locations in case they come looking for me.

-basic maps to get to locations listed.

Any other ideas from you guys?

sent from tapatalk mobile app

if your not going to put much stuff in it at least a list of good things to have in it so they know what do get to fill it with. that way you dont get somebody with a bag full of pop tarts and no flashlight.

Don't forget phone numbers of out of state contacts that are shared for all your family/friends. This way, if you can't get a hold of someone local due to a region wide issue...everyone can check in with one person hopefully outside the problem area.

Also, make sure that not only your family has a copy of these numbers, but also and daycare providers and in home health providers as well. What do you do if this should happen during the day while you're at work?

Here's another site that talks about this very subject.
Listening to Katrina

Also what FEMA put out on www.ready.gov may also be handy in getting them off square zero.
Being able to specifically point out that the government expects them to be able to hold
out for 72 hours on their own before assistance arrives may also help in their own motivation.

I think this is a really good idea. But, if your family is anything like mine, you're going to end up being the crazy uncle real fast.

I think this is a really good idea. But, if your family is anything like mine, you're going to end up being the crazy uncle real fast.

It all depends on how you approach it. If you talk about the end of the world, aliens and insurrection then yes you will probably be the crazy uncle. However if you use all the recent weather issues that we have had in the last year and the need to be ready for a few days you might be surprised. Use the FEMA list as a start.

Didn't someone post a thread about doing something like this last year? I remember thinking it was a good idea, to put together a small car or get home bag for people you care about.

thesurvivalpodcast.com has a whole episode on putting one together, i forget which episode number he has well over 700 now. check it out

Back
Top Bottom