• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bug out bags.... and the guns you put in them

So general bug out bag info

I'm starting to build mine i have lots of shit in my house but if i got stuck at work that would be an awful walk through some fl swamp land so I'm building 2 essentially matching bags for my wife and i

I have knives food baby wipes screw drivers 9in pliers which are very useful if your not familiar water purification 1st aid kits sleeping bags markers flashlights chem lights para cord 5 min respirators gloves n95s fixed blade razor bug face nets

On order tents mirror some other stuff

I'm torn on the bug out gun situation

Thinking sr22 with 4 mags and 200 rounds

Could go lcp 22

Glock 42

Or pmr 30

And i roll with a cmr30 in my truck so that might go in mine but id like interoperability

This bag is to get home other wise id be rolling deep glock 17s ars and plate carriers

Carry a g19/17 sized gun with a red dot every day and just carry a few extra mags in a paddle mag pouch that you can pop on your belt in your bag.

That's what I would do anyways. Other guns and magazines and ammo just sounds redundant to me.
I can't carry at work i always have one with a mag in the truck but the wife doesn't carry and 22 weighs a lot less than 9mm

And i also have a life card and 2 knives so this isnt my only weapon

I heard the pmr 30's are pretty unreliable. I'd go glock all day and twice on Sunday. You have a ton options- get a brace/SBR kit, get a 22 conversion kit, put some optics on it.

Very versatile tool.

I wouldn't rely on an sr22.

I owned one and it had some issues I wouldn't use on a carry gun, which is why my primary carry is a glock 19

In my bag? Fire starter, lifestraw, clothes, some protein bars, Mylar blanket, paracord, knives (2, 1 fixed for camp shores, 1 folder for food prep), a mountain house or two, water bottle, lighters, monocular, map, compass. I’m sure I forget half the stuff in there.
in the car? Whole different story. 1 Canick 9 mm with 2 mags, 1 AR pistol 9.5” in 300 blackout that shoots lights out (thanks Ed) with 8 twenty round mags, a collapsible baton, a Gerber mk2, a flash bang or two, and a black smoke device. yes, I actually am that crazy.

In my opinion, glock or a beretta. Huge mag compatibility with either, offered in the most common caliber, and actually tested to run through most adverse conditions reliably.

I understand the desire for lightness + rounds though.

BTW mylar blankets are definite need. Cheap as f***, light, and super versatile.

Why bother with a gun in a bag when you can just CC a shotgun
1442520696-burgess-draw.gif

A “get home” bag is much different than a bugout bag in my opinion. They’re generally smaller. I have a get home bag in my trunk, always. Basic survival stuff and food to last a night if push came to shove. Cordage, fire starting stuff, multi tool, fixed knife, head lamp, flashlight, energy/protein bars, caffeine goo, survival blanket, water filter, extra mags for my EDC. I’ve thought about adding a small 22lr to it, but it seems unnecessary given the distance I’d be carrying it. It really is just to survive a night if I absolutely couldn’t get home that day for some reason. In cold months, I keep a blanket in the trunk as an addendum.

Also, since it would be almost certainly used in urban/suburban terrain, I added a sillcock water key.

I can't carry at work i always have one with a mag in the truck but the wife doesn't carry and 22 weighs a lot less than 9mm

And i also have a life card and 2 knives so this isnt my only weapon
If you keep a glock in your truck because of work, I assume you will keep your bag in your truck as well if you can't carry at work. If that is the case, it sounds like you already have a bug out bag gun. Add 3 more mags, and a good holster you can throw on easy, and save the space/weight in your bag. The only way I would add to that load out would be if you wanted a rifle. Granted I am not bugging out or walking home very far.

Carry a gun that has a common round that you can find easily. Think 9mm. And I’d go with a g19 as they are common and you can use g17 mags.

think if the shit hits the fan, what can I find or appropriate… just saying.

If you keep a glock in your truck because of work, I assume you will keep your bag in your truck as well if you can't carry at work. If that is the case, it sounds like you already have a bug out bag gun. Add 3 more mags, and a good holster you can throw on easy, and save the space/weight in your bag. The only way I would add to that load out would be if you wanted a rifle. Granted I am not bugging out or walking home very far.
I mean i have a g 17 and a keltec cmr30 in the truck but i want an excuse to buy a new gun... so stop being a negative Nancy so i can convince my wife lol

A “get home” bag is much different than a bugout bag in my opinion. They’re generally smaller. I have a get home bag in my trunk, always. Basic survival stuff and food to last a night if push came to shove. Cordage, fire starting stuff, multi tool, fixed knife, head lamp, flashlight, energy/protein bars, caffeine goo, survival blanket, water filter, extra mags for my EDC. I’ve thought about adding a small 22lr to it, but it seems unnecessary given the distance I’d be carrying it. It really is just to survive a night if I absolutely couldn’t get home that day for some reason. In cold months, I keep a blanket in the trunk as an addendum.

Also, since it would be almost certainly used in urban/suburban terrain, I added a sillcock water key.
Like i said mine is a 45 mile swamp hike so i have 3 days of food

I mean were talking shtf?

Turrent in the bed of my pickup that's is designed to go over and through multiple obstacles lifted, multiple tried and true add one

Hell give me a humvee

Don’t forget a good pair of hiking boots (broken in, of course). I can just imagine being stranded 10 miles from home wearing flip-flops or dress shoes.
Yeah, great point. I keep sneakers in my trunk for that. Boots in the winter.

Don’t forget a good pair of hiking boots (broken in, of course). I can just imagine being stranded 10 miles from home wearing flip-flops or dress shoes.
Good point i have to wear boots for work so i have those i probably should throw socks in there though

I gotta a Ruger PC carbine and a G17 in my bag, both 9mm and take the same mags and the carbine splits in half but with mags and ammo yes, it is heavy. I figure if we need to split I ain't going alone so one bag has food, clothes, first aid, stuff like that and the other is guns, knives, ammo, etc. The bags are always evolving however...lol

Back
Top Bottom