- Dec 8, 2007
- Right behind you.
yeah, mopping the floor with 8% bleach isn't going to kill you with a few minutes of exposure even in a tight space. I read this last night saying that the worker was mixing chemicals to mop the floor. Sounded odd to me, not sure how corp lawyers would get comfortable with the liability of min wage goons mixing cleaning chemicals when there are a million ready to use cleaners available.I would venture a guess that they just poured that shit right on the floor and started mopping.
I’ve done it with regular Clorox, and if you pour too much in too tight a space, it gets pretty nasty.
That being said, the way the article reads does sort of point towards some accidental mustard gas.
BURLINGTON, MASS. (WHDH) - One employee has died and at least 10 other people were hospitalized following a chemical incident at a Buffalo Wild Wings...
does sound like a bleach + ammonia thing for sure or something similar.
When I was in college we had an on campus apartment and a few of my roomates wanted to clean up before a party. They mixed bleach and ammonia in a big tupperware bin to mop the foor with. you could see steam like gas rising out of it. I quickly informed them of their deadly mistake, held my breath and left the apartment for the weekend. I'd guess they just dumped that shit out somewhere...lucky no one got hurt.