Buffalo Wild Wings - God Awful!

swampy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Our last experience at BWW wasn't all that good either. We've had a good experiences during the week at lunch time though. We've only been to the Concord NH location. I really like the Wings Over Worcester store of the Wings Over (insert city here) chain. They've got tasty sauces and the #5 hot wing sauce is indeed pretty hot.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tuesday night tradition at work is to go to Hooters for unlimited wings..... one of my guys always asks "Why can't we do BWW".... I concur, they suck

chinalfr

NES Member
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
I also have good wings @ Famous Dave (chain store). Not the one in Scarborough ME, but around VA & MN. ME one sucks.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
We went to BwW not long ago and had the exact same experience. Today we tried East Coast Wings and the food was way better and cheaper, too.

I'm in North Carolina now, though, and I don't think they have any East Coast Wings in Mass.

Wendells is your best bet, unless you can find a Ground Round still around. They used to have a good deal: 20 wing for 10 bucks and excellent blue cheese.

if you're anywhere near the Greensboro NC area, go to Carter bros BBQ. it is fantastic!

- - - Updated - - -

Tuesday night tradition at work is to go to Hooters for unlimited wings..... one of my guys always asks "Why can't we do BWW".... I concur, they suck
Does he invite his "partner"? [rofl]

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I've only been to BWW once and it was nothing to write home about. Went to the one in Brockton before my band played a show and it was just ok. I live a mile down the street from Wendell's so the bar is set pretty high.

PappyM3

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
BWW down in Georgia is pretty good about juicy wings and crispy skin. Up here? I've consistently gotten soggy pieces of junk.

Though, I just love the mango habernero sauce. It's like crack.

I can't speak for most of their food because I usually just get fried pickles and wings. Oh, and never order the boneless wings. They're usually bland and have just a tiny bit of sauce.

Mike-Mike

Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
BWW had lousy food. There is one that is 5min from my house in Shrewsbury.. There is a young lady that works there that has one of the top 5 asses in the world.

ochmude

Marine Veteran
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Wings Over Springfield/The Hanger is one of the very very VERY few things I really miss about Mass [sad2].

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
[QUOTEEMTDAD;4469525"]I live in North Attleboro and will drive 30 minutes to Warwick for Hooters wings before I'll go back to BWW in Mansfield.[/QUOTE]

I approve this message. There's no place like home.

Skulen iz besd lefd tu teechuz.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BWW has some of the tiniest worst tasting wings I've ever had. I've had other things trying to find something good. But regretted going every time I ended up there. That place sucks and I've finally smartened up and stopped going.

Rayvis13

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Tony, go to Duffs in Buffalo. Better than anchor bar, but if your looking for the place where wings began, than Anchor bar is it. 4 year stint at University at Buffalo, I'd pick Duffs everyrime.

ACK495

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Wendall's in Norton is still the best IMHO. The 3.5 flavor is probably the best combo of flavor and heat I've tried for a buffalo wing. Simply delicious. The wing size has unfortunately have gotten smaller over the years which sucks but the flavor still rocks.

The hanger is great, as is Buffs. DJ's in Hyannis is solid as well. Love trying new places. Will travel for wings!

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wings Over Springfield/The Hanger is one of the very very VERY few things I really miss about Mass [sad2].
Sophia's in Springfield was my go to for wings in college. They are no longer from what I understand [sad2]

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so you are recommending that in a restaurant called "Buffalo wild wings" that you avoid the wings???!

that would be like going to McDonalds and avoiding the hamburgers! oh....wait...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BWW had lousy food. There is one that is 5min from my house in Shrewsbury.. There is a young lady that works there that has one of the top 5 asses in the world.

Yeah, not impressed with BWW. This however, I go with two of my friends a couple times a month strictly for this reason. We call her space pants.

Everytime we say we're not ordering food, but after a few beers it always seems like a good idea. DJ's in Hyannis and Wings Over Worcester are the best I've had.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I grew up eating wings at Wendell's, so Bdub's was a tough sell for me. The trick is you have to order them extra well done and extra wet.

Where I live now, BWWs is the closest chain restaurant I have, and the closest place that will be open late enough to finish watching later games. Although if I really want good wings, I thaw out the Wendell's 3.5 sauce I keep in the freezer and fire up the oil at home.
Wendell's claim to fame is putting a truck-load of garlic powder on their wings. Meh. Never been a fan.

I hear the ones at St James Irish Pub (I know!) in FR are pretty good AND pretty big. A kid at the bank eats there for lunch EVERY day. Hotwings at the bar and a coke. LOL

Years ago, there was a restaurant in the parking lot of the hotel on 103 in Somerset. (I'm sure there is STILL a restaurant, but this one closed for health code violations.) They did boneless hot wings. And they were DRY. Oh gosh. All the flavor, none of the mess. Very handy for lunchtime. I have no idea how, but it was sublime.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
But the ammo you picked up is good, right? I didn't tell you to go there, did I?

I hate gettin' old...

Whats my name? I thought I paid for that... Take me home...

Sigh...
LOL, nope you did not recommend it. That blame has my wife written all over it. Her idea and all. Interesting how she wanted to go there and then ordered a burger instead of wings.

Oh and the ammo is just right!!!

Duxprep

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I went to the one in Braintree recently. they had a "special" boneless Thursday. it was slightly cheaper for the boneless so I got a 20 piece and decided to get 4 different sauces. I picked some ranging from mild/sweet to extra hot. They came out in these little paper bowl like things and it looked like they had sauce squirted on top of them. They weren't covered in sauce nor were they cooked with the sauce. they're prebreaded precooked boxed chicken. I asked for a plate so that I could cut the larger pieces on and got another paper bowl thing. the Chicken was over tough and the batter was very hard.
They have a nice place though. Lots of different beers, lots of TV's with many different sports but their chicken, at least boneless, sucks. It's like one of those "you had one job" memes.
This post sums up my experience exactly. Garbage food no better than a frozen bag of Tyson boneless. Personally I'm a fan of cluck u chicken but they're not up in this area

Last edited:

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
T-Bones in Plymouth was a spot I frequented while living down that way. Their wings were good, if ordered well done with extra sauce, and cheap during their happy hour deal. Just had to leave before the place turned into a zoo full of douche bags.

DJ's on the cape is pretty good too.
The owner there is a douchebag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike1960

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Buffs Pub is generally very good but can be variable in quality if they are super busy. Charlie O's on Pt. Judith in RI is awesome for wings. The sauce is a complex burn not just hot sauce and the wings are crunchy.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently visited TBones after not living in Plymouth for 6 years now. I was thoroughly disappointed that they no longer have my buffalo chicken dip. Still, phenomenal scenery there I you know what I mean.

Sent from my Obamaphone (lol j/k I have a job)

ARV

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Agreed. We had one here in Hadley years ago. It sucked. Funny you mention Tyson in a bag from BJ's, I had some last night, the old stand by, they were good (I don't like em too hot, they come out my butt with the same heat).
The Hanger is way better than BWW could ever hope to be in their wet dreams[laugh]

Top Bottom