Buffalo Wild Wings - God Awful!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I went to the one in Braintree recently. they had a "special" boneless Thursday. it was slightly cheaper for the boneless so I got a 20 piece and decided to get 4 different sauces. I picked some ranging from mild/sweet to extra hot. They came out in these little paper bowl like things and it looked like they had sauce squirted on top of them. They weren't covered in sauce nor were they cooked with the sauce. they're prebreaded precooked boxed chicken. I asked for a plate so that I could cut the larger pieces on and got another paper bowl thing. the Chicken was over tough and the batter was very hard.
They have a nice place though. Lots of different beers, lots of TV's with many different sports but their chicken, at least boneless, sucks. It's like one of those "you had one job" memes.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
They have a target audience and they must be doing well with them as they are opening up a lot of new stores and the ones I have seen are generally busy. I have only been once and I thought is was the same as the other chain type restaurants like Ruby Tuesdays, Five Guys Red Robin etc. The help in these places have no skin in the game and really don't care if you come back where as the family owned restaurants value your return business.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
that place blows. best wings in the world are at asgard in cambridge. monday is 10 cent wing night and make sure to get at least one plate of there gold fever wings to compliment the buffalo
That's a hell of a statement right there. Neg rep if they suck. What kind of place is "asguard" ??? Do I need to guard my ass there?

Talking about guarding ass ... with every order of the "boneless" What's wrong with people?

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Chain restaurants usually suck in general
i have bad news for you, younger people ONLY go to chain restaurants and eschew the mom and pop local places. Even if the mom and pops have amazingly good food. The consequence...those restaurants are going ot of business. in another 5 years, you will be lucky to find any of them still in business.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Some chains arent too bad... but BW3 is crap compared to a chain like Smokeeaters (AKA, ex "University Wing Shack" etc) in CA, where thy have like 20 taps on the wall and even their non-wing stuff is halfway decent.

-Mike

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
i have bad news for you, younger people ONLY go to chain restaurants and eschew the mom and pop local places. Even if the mom and pops have amazingly good food. The consequence...those restaurants are going ot of business. in another 5 years, you will be lucky to find any of them still in business.
Depends on the mom and pop place in question... and then there's the issue of whether or not its actually good or just a fixture. Then there's the issue of location. Most of the better mom and pop places are not necessarily in the best of locations. It's not just "younger people" either, BTW. Hell if you go to a crapplebees or whatever sometimes half the people in there are 40+.

-Mike

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
so what's the best wing place right now? I just started reading reviews and some rave about places that were closed for a while.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I prefer "dry rubbed" wings. Talk about looking for a needle in a haystack! [crying]
The Chipolte wings that I had were a dry rub. Figured I'd give it a try. Might as well not even have put something on them. All it did was change the color of the wing some, but still had almost no taste.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
We went to BwW not long ago and had the exact same experience. Today we tried East Coast Wings and the food was way better and cheaper, too.

I'm in North Carolina now, though, and I don't think they have any East Coast Wings in Mass.

Wendells is your best bet, unless you can find a Ground Round still around. They used to have a good deal: 20 wing for 10 bucks and excellent blue cheese.

qmmo

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
But the ammo you picked up is good, right? I didn't tell you to go there, did I?

I hate gettin' old...

Whats my name? I thought I paid for that... Take me home...

Sigh...

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The best place I know for Buffalo Fingers / Wings is The Fowler House on Hancock Street in Quincy. Mild, Medium, Hot, Extra Hot. The extra hot is just hot with jalapenos. Delicious...the blue cheese dressing they serve with it is the best anywhere. IMHO of course....

chinalfr

NES Member
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
so what's the best wing place right now? I just started reading reviews and some rave about places that were closed for a while.
The chicken bones in Framingham got some good wings.

Wings express in Waltham, Sparkys in Haverhill, buffs in Newton. All got good wings.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Wings express in Waltham, Sparkys in Haverhill, buffs in Newton. All got good wings.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat
That's the place that was on Bar Rescue right? I want to try that place...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Buffs is good, the Chicken Bone used to have the meanest nuclear wings out there.

LuvDog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I used to love buffalo wild wings back when they were BW3. Of course I used to go to the original location on campus at ohio state. Back then they were a local chain. When they dropped the weck they started to go downhill.

I still go there on the rare occasion, but I agree the quality is crap and the prices are high.

If you ever make it out to Sharon Pennsylvania go to the original Quaker Steak and Lube. They had great wings... But they've also started to expand so they've probably gone down hill too.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Buffalo Wild Wings sucks. If you name a place after wings...you might want to have at least semi-decent wings. AND they're anti-gun.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
T-Bones in Plymouth was a spot I frequented while living down that way. Their wings were good, if ordered well done with extra sauce, and cheap during their happy hour deal. Just had to leave before the place turned into a zoo full of douche bags.

DJ's on the cape is pretty good too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom