1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Buffalo Wild Wings - God Awful!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Rockrivr1, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Billsail

Billsail NES Member

I'm hoping you mean "very well done", as in "cooked to perfection", and not "very well done" as in "grossly overcooked"????

commodon likes this.

2. Rockrivr1

Rockrivr1 NES Member

Oh no. Very well done as in cooked to perfection. Steak needs to be red inside with lots of juices.

commodon likes this.
  3. toekneepea

toekneepea

I hear this place called the Anchor Bar has okay wings. Not sure if it's worth the trip, but I'll be in the area in a few weeks.

Tony

4. EMTDAD

EMTDAD

I live in North Attleboro and will drive 30 minutes to Warwick for Hooters wings before I'll go back to BWW in Mansfield.

5. Cero

Cero

I went to the one in Braintree recently. they had a "special" boneless Thursday. it was slightly cheaper for the boneless so I got a 20 piece and decided to get 4 different sauces. I picked some ranging from mild/sweet to extra hot. They came out in these little paper bowl like things and it looked like they had sauce squirted on top of them. They weren't covered in sauce nor were they cooked with the sauce. they're prebreaded precooked boxed chicken. I asked for a plate so that I could cut the larger pieces on and got another paper bowl thing. the Chicken was over tough and the batter was very hard.
    They have a nice place though. Lots of different beers, lots of TV's with many different sports but their chicken, at least boneless, sucks. It's like one of those "you had one job" memes.

1 person likes this.
  6. AntiHippie

AntiHippie

Not a fan either. Snack bars generally serve better wings.

7. Lowbird

Lowbird NES Member

The trick that I think OP and others are missing out on when eating at BWW is to drink.

A lot.

8. Bt74

Bt74 NES Member

BWW=Hooters without the tits.........I'll take the tits.

Hetzer likes this.
  9. Chet0729

Chet0729

They have a target audience and they must be doing well with them as they are opening up a lot of new stores and the ones I have seen are generally busy. I have only been once and I thought is was the same as the other chain type restaurants like Ruby Tuesdays, Five Guys Red Robin etc. The help in these places have no skin in the game and really don't care if you come back where as the family owned restaurants value your return business.

10. Boris

Boris Son of Kalashnikov NES Member

That's a hell of a statement right there. Neg rep if they suck. What kind of place is "asguard" ??? Do I need to guard my ass there?

Talking about guarding ass ... with every order of the "boneless" What's wrong with people?

11. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

i have bad news for you, younger people ONLY go to chain restaurants and eschew the mom and pop local places. Even if the mom and pops have amazingly good food. The consequence...those restaurants are going ot of business. in another 5 years, you will be lucky to find any of them still in business.

12. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

Some chains arent too bad... but BW3 is crap compared to a chain like Smokeeaters (AKA, ex "University Wing Shack" etc) in CA, where thy have like 20 taps on the wall and even their non-wing stuff is halfway decent.

-Mike

13. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

Depends on the mom and pop place in question... and then there's the issue of whether or not its actually good or just a fixture. Then there's the issue of location. Most of the better mom and pop places are not necessarily in the best of locations. It's not just "younger people" either, BTW. Hell if you go to a crapplebees or whatever sometimes half the people in there are 40+.

-Mike

14. Boris

Boris Son of Kalashnikov NES Member

so what's the best wing place right now? I just started reading reviews and some rave about places that were closed for a while.

15. slap shot

slap shot NES Member

BWW Raleigh NC, tiny wings, explosive D the next morning on the plane....nuff said.

16. Billsail

Billsail NES Member

I prefer "dry rubbed" wings. Talk about looking for a needle in a haystack! [crying]

17. Rockrivr1

Rockrivr1 NES Member

The Chipolte wings that I had were a dry rub. Figured I'd give it a try. Might as well not even have put something on them. All it did was change the color of the wing some, but still had almost no taste.

18. Kahrmine

Kahrmine

We went to BwW not long ago and had the exact same experience. Today we tried East Coast Wings and the food was way better and cheaper, too.

I'm in North Carolina now, though, and I don't think they have any East Coast Wings in Mass.

Wendells is your best bet, unless you can find a Ground Round still around. They used to have a good deal: 20 wing for 10 bucks and excellent blue cheese.

19. qmmo

qmmo NES Member

But the ammo you picked up is good, right? I didn't tell you to go there, did I?

I hate gettin' old...

Whats my name? I thought I paid for that... Take me home...

Sigh...

20. Billsail

Billsail NES Member

You OK Q??

21. robjax

robjax

The best place I know for Buffalo Fingers / Wings is The Fowler House on Hancock Street in Quincy. Mild, Medium, Hot, Extra Hot. The extra hot is just hot with jalapenos. Delicious...the blue cheese dressing they serve with it is the best anywhere. IMHO of course....

22. chinalfr

chinalfr NES Member

The chicken bones in Framingham got some good wings.

Wings express in Waltham, Sparkys in Haverhill, buffs in Newton. All got good wings.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

23. Periphery

Periphery Banned

Yup. Wings Over in Springfield/Westfield/Hadley and wherever have the best wings though.

24. robjax

robjax

That's the place that was on Bar Rescue right? I want to try that place...

25. shiprec13

shiprec13 NES Member

American BBQ in Rowley and Beverly has Good dry rub wings. The BBQ is good too.

26. watchman

watchman

Buffs is good, the Chicken Bone used to have the meanest nuclear wings out there.

27. LuvDog

LuvDog NES Member

I used to love buffalo wild wings back when they were BW3. Of course I used to go to the original location on campus at ohio state. Back then they were a local chain. When they dropped the weck they started to go downhill.

I still go there on the rare occasion, but I agree the quality is crap and the prices are high.

If you ever make it out to Sharon Pennsylvania go to the original Quaker Steak and Lube. They had great wings... But they've also started to expand so they've probably gone down hill too.

28. Hush

Hush

Buffalo Wild Wings sucks. If you name a place after wings...you might want to have at least semi-decent wings. AND they're anti-gun.

1 person likes this.
  29. DitchDigger

DitchDigger NES Member

Try Wendells in Norton.
    Down the street from Mansfield.
    Neighborhood joint and the wings are good

30. edmorseiii

edmorseiii Navy Veteran NES Member

T-Bones in Plymouth was a spot I frequented while living down that way. Their wings were good, if ordered well done with extra sauce, and cheap during their happy hour deal. Just had to leave before the place turned into a zoo full of douche bags.

DJ's on the cape is pretty good too.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015