Buffalo Wild Wings - God Awful!

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
After picking up some ammo from Q in Mansfield my wife and I ran over to BWW in Mansfield as we'd never been and had heard the food was pretty good. Though after eating there last night I'd have to say whomever said it was pretty good must have a pretty low expectation of what "good" actually is.....

How is it that you can spend $66 (with tip) at a restaurant and feel you just got robbed by a guy selling 5 day old fish of the back of his van in the middle of summer.... Yep it was that bad.

Funny part is my wife loves wings and for some reason she decided to get a nacho burger. Best decision of the night. I ordered a medium bucket of wings (18 in total) with three different sauces on them. Spicy Chipolte, Buffalo and Hot BBQ. The Hot BBQ is supposed to be way up there in their "Mouth Sizzling" category. Yeah, I've had hotter ketchup then what that BBQ sauce delivered and I actually ended up dipping them in ketchup to give it some flavor.

Overall though. I could have gotten a better meal by buying frozen Tyson wings at BJs and dumping ketchup mixed with Hot sauce on them at home. Oh and DO NOT order their Buffalo Chips. They are just undercooked french fries cut a different way that has some crappy salt mix poured over them.

The only good thing was the Sam Adams beer. But at $7 a piece, I only had one.

Complete rip off! Consumer beware!!!!

Last edited:

ACK495

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Sucks you had bad wing experience. So disappointing when all you want are some good wings and they suck. I've never been to the one in Mansfield yet, only the one in Fitchburg and they were pretty good there. We're not talking Wendall's in Norton good but I was happy. I find inconsistencies with the chains restaurants sometimes.

PaulR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Agreed. We had one here in Hadley years ago. It sucked. Funny you mention Tyson in a bag from BJ's, I had some last night, the old stand by, they were good (I don't like em too hot, they come out my butt with the same heat).

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
BWW is okay if you get the boneless stuff with the hottest sauce and some fried pickles. we just do wings and pickles at home now though.

that and omigawd BWW is anti-gun. boycott to the MAX.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At least at Hooters, you have hot women to stare at while you eat sub-par chicken.

But yeah...the chains, in general, suck. Especially ones that are for a party type atmosphere. Chili's has some good stuff on their menu and haven't been disappointed very often. Same with BBC. Maybe I've been lucky since both places are here in Westford and are always busy.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Chain restaurants serve garbage food, more often than not delivered by a Sysco truck in a frozen box. You go because your buddies want to "go out" to watch the game and the waitresses are sometimes cute, not for the culinary experience [smile]

Parker Duofold

NES Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The only good thing was the Sam Adams beer. But at $7 a piece, I only had one.

Complete rip off! Consumer beware!!!!
I had dinner at one of those places a couple of years ago. Overpriced, really, really LOUD and food was marginal at best. This week I had two Sam Summers at a local place here in town for $4 each. YMMV.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I went to school in Rochester NY, I got used to good wings. Being so close to Buffalo, restaurants and bars took their wings very seriously. Places with sub-par wings tended not to last very long. Shortly before I graduated, a BWW went in. Everybody raved about it, so I tried it. It was lousy. Everything was generic. I never went back. 15+ years later, it's still open.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
There is a fairly new BWW in Chicopee. My son and I have eaten there once. The food was okay but the place was loud and the prices, well not worth it. I'd rather get the wings at my local Family Pizza.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good wings should be crisp. The ones at BWW are soft. Gross. Plus I HATE watching games surrounded by fans who wear player jerseys. I am of the belief that once you can legally drink, you should never wear a piece of sports apparel with another man's name on it.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I grew up eating wings at Wendell's, so Bdub's was a tough sell for me. The trick is you have to order them extra well done and extra wet.

Where I live now, BWWs is the closest chain restaurant I have, and the closest place that will be open late enough to finish watching later games. Although if I really want good wings, I thaw out the Wendell's 3.5 sauce I keep in the freezer and fire up the oil at home.

Last edited:

SteelShooter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I went to one in Florida a few years ago because we were going to watch the Pats game and they advertised it outside. Went inside and the whole place was decked out in Boston stuff, Bruins, Celtics Red Sox, Patriots really nice. I thought this should be good. The food sucked really bad, all the same things everyone is saying. I sent my wings back twice and they were still inedible. Wound up going to Ruths Chris instead.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Grid 17S with bugout longterm shelter and great fi
I went to one in Florida a few years ago because we were going to watch the Pats game and they advertised it outside. Went inside and the whole place was decked out in Boston stuff, Bruins, Celtics Red Sox, Patriots really nice. I thought this should be good. The food sucked really bad, all the same things everyone is saying. I sent my wings back twice and they were still inedible. Wound up going to Ruths Chris instead.
Man, that's on opposite ends of the food spectrum!!

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
that place blows. best wings in the world are at asgard in cambridge. monday is 10 cent wing night and make sure to get at least one plate of there gold fever wings to compliment the buffalo

andrew1220

NES Member
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I've only been to the BWW in Danvers a few times and always thought it was good/decent. I always got the boneless wings and always thought they tasted pretty good. I might have been lucky as I haven't been in over a year.

ochmude

Marine Veteran
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I really can't relate to these threads. I honestly don't think I've ever been to any restaurant, from McDonald's to La Mère Poulard, where I would describe the food as awful.

EDIT: And I enjoy BWW. I would much prefer to get wings from The Hanger in Amherst, but BWW isn't even remotely something I would describe as awful. I was once served something that I was told was pudding, but it was actually poorly mixed pancake batter, full of clumps of flour in it. That was pretty awful.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
They just opened one in Chicopee. The only reason they are in business is people go to watch sports. While watching sports you have the option of ordering beer to wash the dog shit taste out of your mouth because you ate the wings.

The only place with worse wings is HOOTERS.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I actually like the boneless wings at hooters. BWW was horrible the one time I tried it. The boneless wings were more like over-breaded chicken balls.

Top Bottom