• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Budget upper help

Regarding Stoner vs. Del-Ton, I have seen/heard no reason to elevate one over the other. Both OK for their price point. I'd put CMMG in about the same category. Yeah, I'd like to eventually splurge for an LMT but not until I escape Mass. I really like to see the Noveskes and Bravos when they show up at the range, but I'd never spend the $$$ for one.

Agree with you regarding that Adams Arms blem upper- that's a pretty good deal for someone who can have the bird cage flash hider. A very solid company I don't recall being mentioned is Windham.

I don't really get the dissing of certain AR's, components, and/or brands unless they have built up a well documented, terrible track record -or- someone personally had a bad experience and the company refused to back their product. Seems like the interwebs is a magnet for pig piles over one bad experience and a host of "I used to know a guy who had a cousin who worked with a guy who had a bad experience with XYZ...".

I've said it before and I'll say it again: AR's are like Barbies. A great barrel, bolt, and trigger can be slapped into also-ran receivers, BCG, and other components so long as the receivers are forged and in spec for dimensions. Everything else is dress up time. This combo will 100% shoot as good as any high end brand. No, it won't look as cool at the range without the latest Barbie fashion holding these parts together, but it will shoot and it will last. I guess it makes some feel better to make fun of the girls who dress their Barbies in potato sacks.
I will be assessing my first personal stoner product.
picked up a 13" Mlock Handguard from midway it was on sale plus extra off for birthday originally $169 , $53 shipped really how do you go wrong.
Its end use is barrel shroud and bipod mount.

I will be assessing my first personal stoner product.
picked up a 13" Mlock Handguard from midway it was on sale plus extra off for birthday originally $169 , $53 shipped really how do you go wrong.
Its end use is barrel shroud and bipod mount.

For $53, I hope you bought a couple (if they let you)!

Back
Top Bottom