Budget IWB/pocket fixed blade.

Cluster F

USMC Veteran
NES Member
Does anyone know of a budget version of a blade like this dynamis blade? Obviously not a dagger style but something like this. I can’t find a blade like this that’s not custom or crazy expensive for a daily carry defensive blade that most likely won’t get much use so I don’t need to spend $400 on it.

Attachments

• E70E62DF-DA1A-4384-85DF-8A5221CAABA4.jpeg
    E70E62DF-DA1A-4384-85DF-8A5221CAABA4.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 35
Not quite the same style as what you posted, but I love my little Bradford fixed blade (G-necker) so much horizontally on my belt that I've stopped carrying folders altogether lately, and have been checking out some of his larger fixed blades. Check out their Guardian series maybe.

Just my personal take, but if the sole purpose of the fixed EDC knife is self defense, I'd want a reverse/american tanto or drop point blade profile on a relatively small (under 4" blade) knife. Would require spine jimping and a nice index finger well for thrust resistance stability. I'd prefer that over a traditional guard if it were EDC. I chose those blade profiles because I don't foresee long drawn out sword-play type slicing action in a blade fight. It would be up close and personal thrust movements that would decide the victor. So a good grip on the knife and a strong tip (that's what she said) that would be what I would want.

Just my personal take, but if the sole purpose of the fixed EDC knife is self defense, I'd want a reverse/american tanto or drop point blade profile on a relatively small (under 4" blade) knife. Would require spine jimping and a nice index finger well for thrust resistance stability. I'd prefer that over a traditional guard if it were EDC. I chose those blade profiles because I don't foresee long drawn out sword-play type slicing action in a blade fight. It would be up close and personal thrust movements that would decide the victor. So a good grip on the knife and a strong tip (that's what she said) that would be what I would want.

I always thought a CRKT Kasper/Polkowski Companion was a great fighting knife design. Fits your description well. Too bad it's been discontinued for some time, so its value has gone up on the big auction site.

20200804-28873.jpg

ALPHA-DOG BLACKOUT
$94.00

$120.00
$110.00
SAVE $26.00

Free 2-Day Shipping

FREE SHIPPING
GET IT IN: 2 BUSINESS DAYS
Backed By Our Lifetime Warranty

BACKED BY OUR
LIFETIME WARRANTY

ADD TO CART
ADD TO WISH LIST
Free Shipping
SITEWIDE 2-DAYFREE SHIPPING
lifetime-warranty.png
BACKED BY OURLIFETIME WARRANTY
veterans-cops.png
WE SUPPORT OURVETERANS & COPS
DESCRIPTION
Alpha-Dog Blackout
The Alpha-Dog is just shy of 1 pound and built like an absolute tank. Full tang construction with a fat belly blade is matched with a XL handle. The Alpha-Dog's blade is made with 5mm thick Cryogenic D2 blade steel (same steel used in our Tracker-X fixed blades), sharp and ready for work right out of the box. We used G10 scales for durability and strength with an ergonomic handle that fits large to extra large hands with or without gloves. The Alpha-Dog is basically equivalent to Thor's Hammer. Off-Grid designed the Kydex sheath with an easy thumb-ramp release & detachable nylon/Velcro button lock belt loop. We made the sheath tight and secure but not too tight so you can deploy the Alpha-Dog using one hand and a thumb push while wearing it. We also made the sheath compatible with the Tek-Lok Belt System.
*LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Being in the mere presence of the Alpha-Dog may cause an immediate beard, you've been warned.

Back
Top Bottom