• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Budged-ish 22 build ?

I am looking to get a stock - ish 22 rifle for 22 matches at my club.
Would like to stay in the “ sport class “ as I do not have the $$ to compete with some of these guys that have close to 5K invested.
Was thinking about the CZ 457 bu looking at a few others like
Tikka T1x Matt
Savage Mark 11 FV

Also it may take me out of the sport class but the Ruger precision or the savage B-22

Anyone have experience, good or bad with these.
Holding to keep under the $600 mark and still have to option to upgrade the barrel and or trigger down the road.
The mor I look into this targets 22 rabbit hole the less I know
Thanks

Guy up the road from me owns the World Record for Sporter Class; Gary Hamilton. His is a Cooper action with (I think) a cedar stock. Friggin thing doesn't weigh 5 lbs.
But, he's got thousand$ wrapped up in it.

On the more affordable side, I think those options you initially listed are the go-to standards. CZ, Tikka. Ammo is probably more critical than the rifle at the low end of the game.

Have you gone to any of the matches to see what the others are shooting? I bet they'd be more than happy to steer you in the right direction.

I’ve been to a couple of events, but never with the intent on getting in on the game until recently. Next shoot is late November so I’ll be there taking notes.

Back
Top Bottom