Bucket List #1

Hopefully tomorrow the matching, better condition antique plate will be on the car...and this one can be retired. You can see it in the trunk in the video. The RMV has it now.
t

Highs and lows of old car ownership. The driver's side headlight bezel and lens fell off when driving on the highway...lost and destroyed [banghead] o_O[crying][angry2][bs]. Heard the glass break, but I didn't know what it was at the time. Oh, well. Temporary fix with the bottom of a clear pet waterer and electrical and duct tape. Squint, and you don't see it.

Now the fun part.....trying to find an 83 year old bezel and lens.
t
IMG_2238.jpegIMG_2239.jpeg

Highs and lows of old car ownership. The driver's side headlight bezel and lens fell off when driving on the highway...lost and destroyed [banghead] o_O[crying][angry2][bs]. Heard the glass break, but I didn't know what it was at the time. Oh, well. Temporary fix with the bottom of a clear pet waterer and electrical and duct tape. Squint, and you don't see it.

Now the fun part.....trying to find an 83 year old bezel and lens.
t
View attachment 398903View attachment 398904
Very nice - save the day - duct tape moment there.
Sorry to hear it.
I hope you’ll find reasonably priced replacement.

Good news. Found a replacement set in Lynn. Will pick it up Friday. Reproduction metal, original glass. Will need to have it painted...only $135.
t 🐰

And life gets back to normal. Hand painted the lens bezel today. Registered and inspected yesterday. Turns out I couldn't have the antique plate as it comes up commercial in 1992. Have to find another one.
t
IMG_2257.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom