BUCK KNIVES THREAD!

I do 17 degrees each side. works great on 440HC steel. Not sure what the factory uses. My gut says 19 or 20...

I just got my Buck 110 "Proud American" knife in and it is leaps and bounds better looking than in this photo.
The photo, which looks a little 'choppy' on Old Glory, and the color on the etched blade looks a little faded to me.

The knife I received was perfect. Deep, rich etching and extremely brilliant inlay painting plus the gold inlay on the Ebony wood scale really 'pops'.

Could not be happier!

Only issue, and not a big issue is there is no Edition Number on the knife...
~Enbloc

View attachment 428346
There’s now way that’s legal anymore

Anytime. I always liked the 17/side for my Buck 110s. I don't skin with it and for general use it has always served me well...

Have fun... and, what Buck is getting the 'special' treatment...? (no photos required... [rofl2] )

Was checking out some of BUCK's camp knives and this popped up... Not bad.

BUCK 104 COMPADRE

5160 Carbon spring steel blade w/ Cerakote Cobalt-Coated 41/2 inch Drop Point.
Natural Micarta handle, Made in U.S.A.
1610577505696.png
1610577787993.png
1610577948021.png
1610577996484.png
1610577811580.png

Last edited:
I got my BUCK 104 Compadre in today and my first impression is "This is not a hundred dollar knife..."

While it is possibly a great knife for General Camping chores, it would be better suited to the $60-70 dollar range.
Understanding that it and the sheath are both Made in America, they are punching too high for its weight class.
It does have a nice hollow grind that looks 'slicey' and a fat full-tang blade.
The 'Cobalt' blade coating looks more like an 'AR Gray' than the Dark Black shown in its marketing photos.
Also, the natural Micarta is nearly bone white, (which will darken with use) but nothing like the reddish-brown in the pix.

I will put it through the paces this Spring and around the house and yard till then, but I am underwhelmed and wanted you to have the straight poop.

Holding this place for Updates.
Save your money till then...

I would recommend a similarly-priced ESSE 5 over this any day. The ESEE 5 is a "Hundred and twenty-five dollar knife" that sells for a hundred...
~Enbloc

1611090303038.png1611090343035.png

Oh, well... ALL knives are good. 😁

Last edited:
Used to get my old buck sharpened at a truck stop in Tenn, One time I went in and he told me the lock was worn out (could fold the knife without pressing the lock) and to just send it back in to buck and they would fix it, He had a nice collection of knives for sale and I ended up buying a 110 like this in bone but It had silver bolsters,
Used it for years until I bought a Wave.. It now sits in a box somewhere with a 184 and the other 110 that I never sent back to buck
1612563786824.png1612564105403.png

I just got my Buck 2 dot 112 back from Buck today. I had sent it in for their "SPA" treatment about eight weeks ago and it came back looking almost new. Unbelievable. This is the first time I have used their SPA treatment. It's so well worth it.

It was one I had bought on the 'bay for dirt cheap back in early November. The blade was loose, and the lockback part (not sure what to call it) was bent so when the blade was closed, it wouldn't close tight. This is the part that runs the length of the back of the handle and pivots to lock the blade open or closed. They replaced that piece as well...all for $6.95 plus a few denarii to ship it to Idaho.

Such a deal! Reps to Buck Knives! I have more knives to send them for sure.

Between my father and I as Buck dealers, we have almost every model [laugh]

My favorite would be the Kalinga and Buckmaster 184 obviously.

My 1985 184 that I begged my dad for as a kid...
OP7PPF1.jpg

iiVHGla.jpg

Between my father and I as Buck dealers, we have almost every model [laugh]

My favorite would be the Kalinga and Buckmaster 184 obviously.

My 1985 184 that I begged my dad for as a kid...
OP7PPF1.jpg

iiVHGla.jpg
That's a handsome knife! What are the pins on the guard for?

EDIT: I just looked that knife up on ebay...damn! They don't give those things away, do they?

That's a handsome knife! What are the pins on the guard for?

EDIT: I just looked that knife up on ebay...damn! They don't give those things away, do they?
Anchors for gear or as a makeshift grappling hook. Would never use them.

My dad told me that his cost in 1985 was around $85 [laugh]

I wasn't even born yet.

$85!!! o_O :eek:. They're going for north of a kilobuck on ebay.
Yep. Most have been refinished or the common broken blade tip. I keep mine in a trophy case LOL.

They only made them for uhhh 14 years or so. The ones post 1987/1988 aren't as valuable. The Patent Pending marked blades or the BUCKMASTER marked blades.

Mine is beat to crap, Carried it in Desert storm and the sand did a number on the finish.
But it still does have the tip

Some nice knifes coming from BUCK in March 2021...

Legacy BUCK 110 Folding Hunter Limited Edition 2021.
S45VN Blade, Gray Anodized Bolsters with "screw-together" construction...
1612922549209.png
1612922644996.png

BUCK Model 55 Legacy Collection 2021.
S30V with Nickel Bolsters and Marbled Carbon fiber inlays.
1612922727893.png

They are nice knives and come in a variety of colors...

You have been warned...LOL. You can never own just one.

It caught my eye because it looks somewhat similar to another Buck I had years ago that I won in a rifle competition 1st place. It had the GOAL logo laser engraved on the blade. Some shitbird stole it off my desk at work and I still remember who I think it was; a parts delivery guy.

Back
Top Bottom