Buchanan: "There Would Be A Revolution" If Government Confiscated Weapons

Reptile

NES Member
PAT BUCHANAN: There are three million ArmaLite rifles -- those Bushmaster types -- out there right now, and people are buying them like hotcakes. Every gun show, the sales are up enormously. Forty-one percent, they were up in December -- for last December -- which was a record year. John, what is common though, Eleanor [Clift] is correct, the push is going to come on three things: grandfather in the assault weapons that are here now; to try to outlaw assault weapons, outlaw magazines that carry more than 11 or 12 bullets; and also background checks at gun shows.

JOHN MCLAUGHLIN: With no Second Amendment, Congress could pass a law, as limited as this: banning assault rifles or as sweeping as prohibiting all private firearm ownership and requiring the surrender of all privately held firearms.

BUCHANAN: There would be a revolution in this country!

MCLAUGHLIN: Baloney! That doesn't mean you can't own one, but you have to put it in first and then go try --

BUCHANAN: There are 270 million guns in this country right now, John, and they're adding to them at a rate of 16 million a year. (The McLaughlin Group, weekend of January 5, 2013)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...lution_if_government_confiscated_weapons.html

Buchanan know the deal.

I don't know how many of you have ever spent any time in the middle of the country. Its a different world out there. Do I think the gun owners of MA would rise up? Not a chance. We're fat and happy and comfy.

But I am 100% sure that in places like Montana, the Dakotas, Idaho, it would be outright rebellion. I've spent time out there. The only government they really have any use for is local government, and thats because it answers to them.

Don

It would be very difficult to enter the town in Colorado where my In-Laws live if one wanted to keep pesky people out.

They live in the mid ranges , not commie infested Denver. There are a lot of hard cowboys and ranchers in those mountains.

I have been in every state in the country (occupational Hazard). Each one for no less than 14 days as many as 90 in some. (Except PR (-: )
There will be a major "movement" depending on how hard the govt pushes. If they confiscate there will be revolution. Unless thru can successfully paint the resisters as "extremists" then many will follow

I heard something pretty funny about Boulder, CO. Its obviously left leaning, but its also still got a little bit of the old CO in it. I was told that Boulder contained the largest population of armed Vegans in the world. Pretty funny.

Don

Honestly that was pretty sad. If that was the best the anti's could come up with....I could dunk them in a discussion on this in three minutes. They have no ****ing ground to stand on, no argument to deliver and no point to make.

I don't know how many of you have ever spent any time in the middle of the country. Its a different world out there. Do I think the gun owners of MA would rise up? Not a chance. We're fat and happy and comfy.

But I am 100% sure that in places like Montana, the Dakotas, Idaho, it would be outright rebellion. I've spent time out there. The only government they really have any use for is local government, and thats because it answers to them.

Don
Six of the top ten consumers of federal funding, on a per capita basis, include those states. Alaska is the #1, and included in the top ten are New Mexico, Kentucky, Alabama, West Virginia, and North Dakota. I'd say those "middle of the country" states have no use for the federal government except when they do.

Like in New Orleans after Katrina when feds confiscated all firearms?

Those with any mental capacity were already long away from the city when that occurred. Rule one of marketing is to know your demo.

Six of the top ten consumers of federal funding, on a per capita basis, include those states. Alaska is the #1, and included in the top ten are New Mexico, Kentucky, Alabama, West Virginia, and North Dakota. I'd say those "middle of the country" states have no use for the federal government except when they do.

That is a REALLY excellent point.

Back
Top Bottom