• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bubba'd Milsurps

I saw a thread regarding Bubba'd guns in another forum and thought it be a good thread for here. We've all seen them or even own them. You know that nice finnish mosin that bubba thought would look good sporterized, or that beautiful Albanian Sks he decided would look better with Bed liner on the stock [puke] Post them here.

Here is one I just came across on Armslist: ARMSLIST - For Sale: FAST SELL: Mosin-Nagant M91 Ex-Dragoon - 7.62x54R

1917 Eddystone straight from Bubba
1917bubba1.jpg

After I deBubbafied it:
1917.jpg

It's a 'sporterized' Mosin. It's a little over 40 inches long with the barrel chopped. The front sight is
not original. The bolt handle has been bent. Numbers don't match. Only thing on the tang is the
number 5. Best I can tell it's a run of the mill Izhevsk with a poorly marked tang. It's not worth
restoring it to original but it's still a pretty cool rifle to me, even without 'papers'.

05_16_2013001a_zps3a857941.jpg

Another Mosin Bubba got a hold of, I think this one really "takes the cake".

View attachment 71851

I took that picture. Its a goof gun that Zero Hour made from a useless M91 they ended up with. The gun wasn't safe to shoot so rather than cut it up they made it as a joke to mock the tactical crap people put on their AR rifles.

I took that picture. Its a goof gun that Zero Hour made from a useless M91 they ended up with. The gun wasn't safe to shoot so rather than cut it up they made it as a joke to mock the tactical crap people put on their AR rifles.

Oh good, I feel better knowing that someone didn't cut up a nice M91 and then say "It looks bad*** now, I'm glad I did that" haha.

a3 before.jpg 103_3212.jpg befor and after, I snagged this just before the guys son was going to attempt a diy D&T for scope...thank god his dad saved all the parts. I had to get a new C stock as the S stock was not much fun to shoot.

Last edited:

Thank god. It hurt my eyes to look at the picture.

don't forget that you're famous on the internet, you're so humble sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite bubba, but the M91 SKSRay tacticooled up kind of reminds me of some pictures I've seen of the Bolsheviks sawing off rifles for concealment during their revolution.

I'm a bit a purist, so I generally don't bother with bubba'ed guns unless the receiver is still intact. Wood is easy to restore...metal, such as a drill and tap, not so much.

By the way, people who bubbafy or tacticool Mosins are just as bad as those that **** with milsurps at 10 times the value. Sorry, but it's true.

Not quite bubba, but the M91 SKSRay tacticooled up kind of reminds me of some pictures I've seen of the Bolsheviks sawing off rifles for concealment during their revolution.

For the 1000th time... it is not mine! It was built by and is property of Zero Hour Arms.

For the 1000th time... it is not mine! It was built by and is property of Zero Hour Arms.

I thought it was cool.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I'll add mine to the thread. No. 5 jungle Carbine. Bayonet and sight ears ground off, fore stock cut, upper hand guard removes. Missing buttplate.

carbine.jpg

New wood on order, flash hider and buttplate in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom