• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BUAS Winter Matches

Stage 1 was a very good stage. Not only were there multiple ways to shoot it, but it tempted you to take risks, when should you take the disappearing mover? should you try to take statics while you wait on the non-disappearing mover. It was definitely a stage I would like to spend an afternoon shooting

Making the first mover a disappearing target was great - the second mover was mandatory, but making the first a bonus allowed the C/D shooters a shot at a clean run without either making it too easy for the top shooters, or allowing skipping of the movers as an effective strategy.

Plus, I finally got a new avatar from the match - thanks PMD.

Stage 1 was a very good stage. Not only were there multiple ways to shoot it, but it tempted you to take risks, when should you take the disappearing mover? should you try to take statics while you wait on the non-disappearing mover. It was definitely a stage I would like to spend an afternoon shooting

Yeah... I wouldn't mind giving it another run as well! [rofl]

Thank you all!!!! But the match would have been nothing without all of you! We're really honored that you come to our matches.

And I really wish I had gotten a picture of those hoodlum wanna-be's hanging out on the corner of Dot Ave!!!!!

Thanks to the BUAS crew for a fun match! Joe did a great job on the props, as usual. Although, Gammon should be the "test subject" for whether or not they'll work. [smile]

Vids posted

I put up a bunch of video's from the match, look for BUAS 12-27-09 under 10mmdave on Utube.

As always, if you don't want your vid up there let me know,
no problem to remove.
(like maybe my stage 1 [rolleyes])

I put up a bunch of video's from the match, look for BUAS 12-27-09 under 10mmdave on Utube.

As always, if you don't want your vid up there let me know,
no problem to remove.
(like maybe my stage 1 [rolleyes])

Thanks Dave... I'm just really appreciative that you didn't get my Stage 1. I think the USPSA police would demote me!

Seriously though- thanks for posting these vids- it's a great learning tool.

Thanks Dave... I'm just really appreciative that you didn't get my Stage 1. I think the USPSA police would demote me!

Seriously though- thanks for posting these vids- it's a great learning tool.

Your welcome ya big Lug, I only missed your stage 1
cause I was yaking with somebody, but that one might
have been THE vid to get to see where you got screwed up.

Getting vids of myself is why I got the camera, I'm seeing
more and more things I do wrong and have no idea why.
I figured as you stated, we all can learn from these.

And folks, if I ever post an embarssing vid that you really really hate just let me know, down load it to yourself and
then ask me to remove.

Your welcome ya big Lug, I only missed your stage 1 cause I was yaking with somebody, but that one might
have been THE vid to get to see where you got screwed up.

Oh don't worry.. I know EXACTY where and why I got screwed up! But when the popper didn't drop my brain wouldn't let me "adjust" and I kept trying. I would have had a clear shot from the start position if I shot thru the mesh- would that have been a penalty?? Besides... there is a video lingering on this still... I won't say where!

His first run was pure comedy. Its a shame it wasn't captured for his continual harassment

What are friends for?? [rofl]

But when the popper didn't drop my brain wouldn't let me "adjust" and I kept trying.
What are friends for?? [rofl]

The steel bullet trap threw me off. When I missed the mini-popper on the first shot I thought I had hit it because of the "ding" the trap makes. So I had to move back to the box to make the shot again and lost my rythm as the video shows.

Friends are for letting you try out sweet 3" 1911's for carry... [wink]

I think the rash decision has been made... now I need to save some $$ and sell my Ruger Mini-30!

Speaking of saving up some money....
After you let me dryfire your Brazos 2011, I am starting to think hard about a limited gun..... [smile]

Steve

Last edited:
Speaking of saving up some money....
After you let me dryfire your Brazos 2011, I am starting to think hard about a limited gun..... [smile]

Steve

That Brazos is a very sweet gun, it tracks extremely well. A cheaper way into Limited without the risk of losing fingers (glock) is the Tanfo. Its about 1/2 the cost of the custom 2011

That Brazos is a very sweet gun, it tracks extremely well. A cheaper way into Limited without the risk of losing fingers (glock) is the Tanfo. Its about 1/2 the cost of the custom 2011

That's what you've been shooting in limited lately, correct?
If you wouldn't mind letting me try yours out at some point, I would appreciate it.

Steve

You need to get some Glock love going... you don't know what you are missing.

Steve- the Brazos Limited guns are the cat's meow!! Soooo nice. The Tang... well it's an Italian gun... you know those will break down at the worse possible time!

That's what you've been shooting in limited lately, correct?
If you wouldn't mind letting me try yours out at some point, I would appreciate it.

Steve

Yep, whenever you want, you know where I am on Sat, just let me know beforehand and I will bring it. Or if you want to shoot at the next match, you can. I'm going to shoot Modified

You need to get some Glock love going... you don't know what you are missing.

Steve- the Brazos Limited guns are the cat's meow!! Soooo nice. The Tang... well it's an Italian gun... you know those will break down at the worse possible time!

Better to breakdown, then to exploded is a fiery ball of plastic and blood [wink]

Better to breakdown, then to exploded is a fiery ball of plastic and blood [wink]

I'd love to have you shoot a Glock for a while... what a feat that would be if you whipped my ass with the same gun I love and you hate. You game? Or are you afraid of a little polymer?

Back
Top Bottom