BSA Strike Force

I can't seem to find the model you are referring to...What kind of rifle are you thinking of putting it on?

It's the 199.99 model on the BSA website, at the very bottom of the page. Really just curious about the whole product line for outfitting my AR and 308 bolt gun and my future LAR-308.

It's the 199.99 model on the BSA website, at the very bottom of the page. Really just curious about the whole product line for outfitting my AR and 308 bolt gun and my future LAR-308.

I see it now...BSA stuff looks interesting these days, but there's no proving ground for them yet. I'd scope around, (pardon the pun) for some preliminary reviews before you buy, as BSA can be hit-n-miss...That being said, you can indeed get good BSA optics, (despite the nay sayers)...NES member cahillj is on his 3rd deployment to Iraq with a BSA red dot on his M4...

Lastly, if I were going to spend $199.99 for an optic - especially for an AR, I'd likely go with a Millet DMS. Reviews on them are very good to excellent and they would likely manage recoil better if you decide to bump up to .308...

http://www.swfa.com/pc-10714-1395-millett-1-4x24-dms-tactical-30mm-riflescope.aspx

I see it now...BSA stuff looks interesting these days, but there's no proving ground for them yet. I'd scope around, (pardon the pun) for some preliminary reviews before you buy, as BSA can be hit-n-miss...That being said, you can indeed get good BSA optics, (despite the nay sayers)...NES member cahillj is on his 3rd deployment to Iraq with a BSA red dot on his M4...

Lastly, if I were going to spend $199.99 for an optic - especially for an AR, I'd likely go with a Millet DMS. Reviews on them are very good to excellent and they would likely manage recoil better if you decide to bump up to .308...

http://www.swfa.com/pc-10714-1395-millett-1-4x24-dms-tactical-30mm-riflescope.aspx

The $199 price is MSRP that scope is selling a Bobs indoor for $140 with mounts, which aint to shabby for a 4x32. i have a sweet 22 on my 10/22 and i like it but the adjustment turrets are held in place by sets screws and you can never get those tight enough and they start to drift which sucks cause you have to re-zero the scope to 50 yard and set the turret again. The strike force seemed to have solved that problem with the locking turrets. I think i will wait for a solid review before i buy one. thanks

The problem w/ the Millet is the 24mm tube. Just like the .22 scopes from days gone by it will give you fits in low light and shooting from light into a shaded area. I would look at Pentax or a fixed power Nikon or Sightron. I use a Pentax 4x32mm on a 6.5x55 hunting rig. Ballistic plex is great to 300 yards. It cost me about $100.00 a few years ago. You will find (at least I do) that anything under a 32mm front lens is tough in the previously mentioned situations. Come to think of it a Weaver K series may fit the bill for you. VG scopes at a VG price. I mounted an old Soviet 3-9x42mm compact scope on
my DCM for Coyotes. You may what to check out this sight also.
http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/
JP

Back
Top Bottom