• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BSA red dot at Walmart

Anyone familiar with these?

Closeout on sale for $21.

Thinking of it for Either air rifle or Ruger 10/22.

I think the model number is RD30CP.

Any good? Good deal at $21 unless this is junk.

Thanks for any clues.

Last edited:
I have used a BSA on everything from a 10/22 to a HK91, The scope kept running, the only issue I have ever had with them is the dot will wash out in bright sunlight.

At $21, its a good deal

they are normally ~$50 I think. That style is branded under several different names. They are ok. Not target quality, zero can drift.

That said, you'd be better off with tech-sights for the 10/22 IMO unless you just want a dot for the sake of having it (which is perfectly legit).

Thanks for any clues.

Which walmart or is this online? I think I should pick one up.

I've often thought of picking one up myself. I've toyed with the idea of a red dot or holo-sight for one of my ARs and maybe my 10/22 but I'm not sure if I'll like it or not....hence, not wanting to spend the $350 or so on a "real" one from Eotech or the like...nevermind the $750-up on an Aimpoint or something.

Thanks for any clues.

Couote,
I bought one to mount on a camera for action shots.
http://images20.fotki.com/v194/photos/5/590147/2411117/P1050995m-vi.jpg

It is the open, or holosight style.
It works but the adjustments are crude and sloppy.
I would not waste the money to buy one for a firearm.

I bought one of this type to mount an a Kel-Tec carbine and it has worked out OK.

0063161810650_500X500.jpg

you can get it online: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3266761 for $34.

Jack

I had one on my Hi-Point 9mm carbine. It worked great. I think the retail was $35 or so. $21 is a good deal.

I have used a BSA on everything from a 10/22 to a HK91, The scope kept running, the only issue I have ever had with them is the dot will wash out in bright sunlight.

At $21, its a good deal

...and even on some not-so-sunny days with light overcast.

I've tried a couple of their products, red dots & a scope, both had issues, both were exchanged, the dot was exchanged a second time.

Both the dot and the scope were returned for refunds.

I have the 2x version of the truglo on my 10/22. I took it off of my AR due to a slightly wandering zero. However on the 10/22 it has held true and makes it a fun fast handling little rifle. I am looking to take it to an Appleseed this spring. Additionally the 2x helps out on those longer shots on Iphones while allowing you to keep both eyes open.

Back
Top Bottom