• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BSA contender scope

I have a BSA Deerhunter 1.5 x 4.5 on my slug gun and it has served me very well for over 10 years now. Nice and clear and has always held zero with 3" mag slugs.

I haven't used that particular scope but have had a few BSAs. It's a low end scope, not to say it's bad for the money and in your situation it will probably work out fine. In my experience once you get past a 100-150yds the optical quality gets kinda crappy.

from what I can find online I think this scope will be ok for what it will be used for. Mainly plinking at the 50-100yds

If you're using it for just .22lr plinking at those ranges, I suggest this one, the Sweet 22 3-9x40.

I use it on my target rifle, and it can be had for half the cost of a Contender-series. (About 100 bux).

The Sweet22™ is sweet in that the drum is adjustable for the 3 common .22lr bullet weights.

I'm quite happy with it. You might need to get extra-high mounts though, I had to with mine. Not sure what they suggest for an AR15 style.

I put a Bushnell .22 Rimfire 4x32 on my sons Winchester 190. Great scope for plinking. I put a BSA .22 Special 3-9x32mm on a Marlin 60 about 10 years ago. Real good scope for a .22. I have an old contender 6-24x40mm AO on a Marlin 917V .17HMR. Great for shooting small stuff out as far as the gun will shoot.

Back
Top Bottom