Browning Hi Power transfer in MA

headednorth

NES Member
Thinking of bidding on one. Is it on the stupid lists and able to be shipped here and transferred to me?

Probably can’t C&R it, but you should call a couple FFLs and see if they can do the transfer for you. It may just be the frame they can transfer, and you’d have to get the slide in a separate mailing, but it may be worth a shot.

You’ll need to find an FFL willing to transfer it before you bid. It’s not on any of the “stupid lists” so your odds of finding a willing FFL are slim.

I know.

This bothers all of us MA BHP folks. Battered but serviceable HPs are available in about 45 states for, say, under $500.

I’ve gotten both of mine FTF here in MA, and at okay prices... but I had to spend a lot of time looking.

People actually still buy them? .22 Hornet?

Post after coffee, Fixxah. You're under caffeinated.

1200px-FN_Hi_Power.jpg

Found one last year right at fifty years old. C&R'd it (thru a LGS). I looked for several years to find one. Just finished updating hammer/sear & safety. If you get one check out B H spring solutions also cylinder & slide for any parts.

Last edited:
I thought we couldn't C&R pistols in Mass until 2021. What'd I miss?

You can C&R pistols right now into MA, and eFA10 them as a registration, not a transfer. The change in 2021 is to allow MA dealers to transfer to a MA C&R license holder a C&R gun that is not on the EOPS list.

A firearms collector, licensed pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 923(b), may purchase a rifle, shotgun or firearm that was not previously owned or registered in the commonwealth from a dealer licensed under section 122 if that rifle, shotgun or firearm is a curio or relic as defined in 27 CFR 478.11.
- MA GL C140 S131E (b) paragraph 2 (has both pre and post Jan 2021 text at the moment).

The biggest advantage I think will be to a collector who has to have a particular gun that a out of state dealer holds, who won't ship to C&R holders but will ship to a MA dealer.

For those wandering into the Massachusetts C&R world for the first time, start here with one of Len 2A-Training's masterpieces:

EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Back
Top Bottom