• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Browning Hi Power/poll

Hey,

Any of you guys carry (or own) Browning Hi Powers?

Am I the only one here?

What variation or build time frame (West German Police, Nazi, T series, C series, 245, earlier,later, etc.) do you own?

Why did you buy it?

Why do you carry it?

Do you collect them?

Do you think they are a good CCW choice?

I don't see any posts about this outstanding semi auto pistol designed by John Browning.

I have a Nazi High Power. I aquired it from a deceased friend. I do not carry it, but I shoot it once in a while. It would make a fine CCW gun.

1965 T series. I don't carry it, but it sure does shoot good.

Why did I buy it? Duh !

I don't collect them but if I see another I like, I'll gladly get it.

Excellent CCW choice.

Web%20highpower1965right640.jpg

Web%20hipower1065left640.jpg

I have one. I carried it for a while, but it started to rust in the summer if I wasn't super diligent about wiping it down every day. Also, I got tired of the weight. I also shot it in IDPA for about 2 years, but switched to the M&P, which I shoot much better. They're great guns and I still shoot mine from time to time.

I have one. It was the first pistol I bought about 20 years ago. I have carried it since I bought it. I also shoot IDPA with it. I have had Greg Derr do some work to it, KKM barrel, hammer and trigger work, and the slide re blued. It is still my favorite.

I have a Hi Power Practical model . 9mm , two tone . I bought it cuz I always wanted one .Nice thin handgun , pretty much compares size wise to the 1911.

They're great guns and I still shoot mine from time to time.
Have you put it back together yet? I seem to recall you lost a part. [wink]

I have one. It was the first pistol I bought about 20 years ago. I have carried it since I bought it. I also shoot IDPA with it. I have had Greg Derr do some work to it, KKM barrel, hammer and trigger work, and the slide re blued. It is still my favorite.
Did Greg put the extended slide stop on it [wink]

Have you put it back together yet? I seem to recall you lost a part. [wink]

Did Greg put the extended slide stop on it [wink]

Yeah, I found it. In fact, it was the slide stop. I couldn't believe the price for a factory replacement, so I thought about getting an aftermarket extended one, but I knew that wasn't IDPA legal. [rofl]

Yes I have one also. I bought it off this site.
1982 model, blue & walnut and assembled in Belgium they way they are supposed to be.
It's the pistol I drooled over as a kid.
I do not carry it but think it would be a good choice, very thin.
I would consider buying another at the right price if it had some collector value and I can sneak it past my wife.
Bill

West German police - shoot it on occasion, but I don't carry it. I would need to replace the sights and put an ambi safety on it before it would work for me as a CCW, and I'm not willing to mess with it that much. Nice shooter, though. It usually sees the range when I'm in the mood to shoot the P-08 and CZ-52.

9mm has been a tough caliber for me - my first one was (and is) a P7M8, so every 9mm I've ever tried or owned gets compared to that, and loses.

ive got a 1943 Nazi vintage. love it. shoots like a dream, crisp trigger, very short reset, great ergonomics (grip angle) easy recoil. Sights are a little tough to pick up, but I think newer ones have better sights.

One of my favorite pistols, in any caliber - old or new.

Just got one yesterday (1970). What a beautiful pistol. Can't wait to get to the range. Does anyone have the SFS safety from Cylinder and Slide?

I just bought a Belgium (FN) made Hi-Power made around the mid 1950's. This was a C&R purchase and it's in about 95% condition. I haven't fired it yet but I plan to soon.

Don't own a Hi-Power right now, but have in the past. Excellent gun, accurate, albeit with a trigger heavier than what I would prefer. Don't have a pic of it, but it was this exact target model.

hi-power.jpg

I guess my only complaint about it was that the barrel was not stainless, but rather carbon steel left in 'white'. I found out the hard way when surface rust started to form on it. Had to thin the herd a few years back because I needed the money and the all my 9mm guns were the first to go.

Back
Top Bottom