• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BROWNING GUNSMITH RECOMENDATIONS

geoguy8

NES Member
Thinking of having an adjustable comb installed on my 725 Sporting model. Any recommendations for the right Smith appreciated. I am in Waltham area, but would ship or drive to the right person if that was the way to go.
thanks

seriously, don't just have anyone hack on your gun, you need a guy that can see you mount your gun and know how it fits you now. any nit wit can saw on your stock and hand it back to you with an adjustable comb. a good wood guy is trying to understand what you are trying to accomplish besides walking around with a "cool" gun.

Graco custom shop will do it for you.

Also, for anyone needing an adjustable comb or butt plate for a youth, Graco does those for half price.

Graco custom shop will do it for you.

Also, for anyone needing an adjustable comb or butt plate for a youth, Graco does those for half price.
I have been installing graco 870 comb kits on scoped rifles i have for a long time.
Install is easy. Making that cut into your comb can be the tricky part.

If you really want to learn more about shotgun stock firing, read this books:

Amazon product ASIN 1451570384View: https://www.amazon.com/Stock-Fitters-Bible-Rollin-Oswald/dp/1451570384

seriously, don't just have anyone hack on your gun, you need a guy that can see you mount your gun and know how it fits you now. any nit wit can saw on your stock and hand it back to you with an adjustable comb. a good wood guy is trying to understand what you are trying to accomplish besides walking around with a "cool" gun.

I’m planning to send my XT stock to Rod’s Custom Stocks in IL to have a RAD2a installed and upgrade the adjustable comb hardware if needed. I think he uses Graco hardware for the comb.

You could also try Coles Custom Guns in Maine, but they seem pretty high end.

Somehow ended up at KTP and traded the 725 Sporting for a nice high rib CXT with adj comb. Will be dedicated Trap gun. Thanks for all your input.

Back
Top Bottom